Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sun, Sand and Surf!

Dream on baby... :) I thought I would put something nice on here today. Just a nice picture though, the rest isn't the best.
After yesterday's catastrophe, I made the best of a bad situation at this spot. They took the small plastic dog house, and smashed the wooden one made by the students of a girl who has befriended me through this. I can’t tell you how upset I was by this yesterday, and how it just diminishes my spirit. I trudge and trudge through snow to get to these shelters to be sure they have dry towels and food and water, and to have seen this just broke my spirit yesterday. There were only three cats this morning that etc. came to me when I finally shoveled out the mess – I could only do so much when I found it yesterday – had to make do with what was left, just a large lean-to. I brought some stuff with me this morning that should keep the snow out, but its pretty bare. I would just love to find a pile of old plastic dog houses, to dig into when I have to because this is obviously a bad street. You get complacent when no one touches your stuff for months, but this is what I’ve been used to in good weather, people trashing your stuff. So I try to keep a stash on hand, but I've been low with lean-to's and little shelters like the dog houses. I just don't have the money to go out and purchase them.
What makes people mean? Is it their environment, is it society as a whole? Some acquire it as they grow older either from poor upbringing or sour attitude towards the world. Who can you blame? I try to live my life being as kind as I can to every person I encounter. I always want to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. I want to believe that everyone has a smidgeon of compassion and goodness. We can have a positive attitude towards life, or a negative attitude. We can focus on the good or we can focus on the bad. Keeping a positive mental attitude is one of the keys to success. The choice is up to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment