Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Brimstone and Fire!




Thats not how it really was, but it was hell nonetheless! Had to drag the shovel out with me to clear out my spots during the monster storm predicted over night and today. But that petered out, thank God, and I just had to do some clean up at most of my spots. When I went out this morning, at 5:20 am., it was sleeting. If it was just a tad warmer, it would have been pouring rain. I'll take sleet over rain any day. It took me longer than normal this morning, nearly two hours, but with getting to work on time in mind, I had to hussle. Most of the babies were hiding somewhere, but this kitty at Spot #2, the one that looks like Dewey, which is also the same spot I rescued Dewey from, followed me to my car this morning. He is SO sweet, he is surely a stray cat, in desperate need of a home. Very friendly, crying when I arrive in the morning, he comes out of the bars of the abandoned house I feed against. He and a few other kitties are able to climb up from the basement through the bars of this window (pictured here) - he hangs with the calico female I mentioned previously. I really want to rescue this boy, but need to find a home for Dexter first. I will get his picture soon to share with all of you. Other than that, it was quite miserable, have a whole lot of wet and frozen towels I had to replace with dry and warm ones. There goes my washing machine, slowly, bit by bit, and will soon bite the dust. Its taking a beating this winter!

I want to mention one other thing. A friend of mine told me she couldn't read my blog because it was too sad. I didn't create this blog to create sadness to those who read it. I created it to raise awareness of whats happening in your neighboring neighborhoods while you are cozy in bed with your dog or cat at your feet. I am the type of person who can't even watch the Animal Channel because of some of the sadness, I have to turn the channel when an African beast is chasing another beast for a kill. I know its done for their own survival, but I can't watch anything where an animal will be hurt. I supposed I have hardened my heart after doing this for so many years, but when all is done and I pull up to my house afterwards, I feel good because I know these animals will be just a bit more well fed and a bit more comfortable due to me being there for them. So please don't stop reading my blog because its too sad. Its a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment