Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunny Sunday~!

It was quite a weekend for me! Started with a vacation day on Friday, which was WONderful. Allows me to do what I normally do on a Saturday so that I can feel like I really had a two day weekend! Although it was a very busy one. Started with another big snowstorm on Thursday night, which left us with a huge amount of snow, on top of that was the wind. Huge drifts of snow everywhere. Needless to say, it was not fun for the little ones out there, as I could see them peering over the snow that they were trying to make their way through.
I shoveled, and I shoveled, and I shoveled! I picked up wet frozen towel after another. I did the best I could under the circumstances. The good news is that the tortoise colored kitty (I orginally called it a calico) I managed to grab. I suspected she was pregnant, and thanks to a kind girl who reads my blog, asked me to grab her, she paid for an ultrasound, and found a rescue organization - Anotherchancepetrescue - to take the confirmed mamma in. Yay! So thats very good news. Its so sad to think of a pregnant animal out there, living on the streets, having her babies in the freezing cold and snow. I have now rescued a total of 5 cats in the past two months. I am thrilled about it. I have homes for everyone except for Dexter, who remains a thorn in my home kitties sides. He is very young and playful, and they are old and set in their ways. I continue to try to find a home for my little devil Dexter.

No comments:

Post a Comment