Thursday, February 17, 2011

Mr. Meanie

Well, I wrote a nice notecard to the kind man who witnessed me fall flat on my back with my legs up in the air and said it was OK to continue feeding the kitties in front of his home. Now mind you, this site I kept very discreet, you would not notice it unless you really looked. Anyways, I got there this morning, my first spot of my morning journey, and everything had been thrown to the curb, next to the trash. Wow. I grabbed what I could find left, and placed a little bowl and plate of food and water down next to the house on the sidewalk, got back in the car with the note, and wrote on the outside of it that I had written whats inside yesterday, when I thought he was a kind person. And thats that! I could have not said a word, but I want people to know that what they are doing when they do that is cruel. Not only to me, but to the animals that depend on that.

On another note, there were lots of new faces out this morning. Its warmer out there, not enough to soak all the towels with the snow melt, thank goodness. That will be a lot to deal with, but out come the cats that have been hibernating somewhere. Two beautiful greys greeted me at my third stop. Where do all these cats come from, and how do they survive? There are so many stray cats out there. Also at my third spot, there was a cat in the upstairs window of this abandoned house I feed at, and there were large garbage bags out front. I wonder if someone had removed a board to go in and clean, and closed up the board with a cat that might have snuck in there. Will keep my eye on that. At my last stop, a beautiful friendly calico girl met me, and even allowed me to feel her belly, as she looked a bit swollen in the dark. Where do these poor babies come from. There are so many - and how can they all be 'strays'. There are so many friendly ones! I wish I had an answer!

No comments:

Post a Comment