Thursday, February 3, 2011

O Glorius Sunshine!


This morning was nearly as bad as yesterday due to the few inches that came down yesterday and overnight last night. Its very hard on me when it does snow because I have to shovel, and it adds an extra 15 -30 minutes to my route in the morning. That means I have to scramble when I pull up to the house. I am very organized and fastidious in my morning routine preparing the house to be perfect before I leave, and getting myself (i.e., lunch) ready for work - I have to like the way I look in the mirror, and sometimes it takes three changes before I a happy! I am also compulsive about being somewhere on time, so I am scrambling to get all this done while getting to work on time! Which I always do, but some mornings, like today, its a struggle!


I was reading up on cats the other day, and here were some of the more interesting facts I read about:



  • Ailurophilia is the "love of cats."

  • The nose pad of a cat is ridged in a pattern that is unique, just like the fingerprint of a human.

  • A cat's heart beats twice as fast as a human heart, at 110 to 140 beats per minute.

  • Calico cats are almost always female.

  • If your cat is near you, and her tail is quivering, this is the greatest expression of love your cat can give you. If her tail starts thrashing, her mood has changed --- Time to distance yourself from her.

  • Cats wag their tails when it is in a stage of conflict. The cat wants to do two things at once, but each impulse blocks the other. For example: If your cat is in the doorway wanting to go outside, and you open the door to find it raining, the cat's tail will wag because of internal conflict. The cat wants to go outside, but doesn't want to go into the rain. Once the cat makes a decision and either returns to the house or leaves into the rain, the tail will immediately stop wagging.

  • Don't pick a kitten or a cat up by the scruff of its neck; only mother cats can do this safely, and only with their kittens

  • Cats knead with their paws when they're happy

  • Your cat loves you and can "read" your moods. If you're sad or under stress, you may also notice a difference in your cat's behavior

  • A cat will amost never "meow" at another cat. This sound is reserved for humans.

Interesting... very interesting indeed!

2 comments:

  1. The calico cat "phenomenon" all comes down to genetics. 99% of calicos are female and if you do come across a male calico, forget any breeding desires because male calicos are sterile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually has a male calico foster kitten we named Cal. This was the second male calico I have seen.. They are quite rare!!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete