Sunday, January 2, 2011

Dewey Update

Well, much has happened since wrote this past Wednesday. I had the day off on Thursday, and brought Dewey to the vet. For a street kitty, he surprised me with a clean bill of health after being FIV/Feline Leukemia tested, which I did for the girl who had found a foster home for him so they can get him adopted more easily. He had a nasty neck wound which he was treated with a powerful antibiotic. Later that afternoon, I brought him to his new foster home - a young girl with a young son in an apartment on the smaller side, in the city. When I met them I instantly felt a connection, especially with the girl's mother Valerie. You could tell they were just kind, down to earth people. And when I opened Dewey's cage door, he got out as if he owned the place, and all was well. It was hard to leave, but I knew he would be in good hands. He had an appointment for that coming Monday for neutering so I also knew that the heavy urine scent he produced would also be eliminated after that. The next morning, I received a call from the girl crying, saying that Dewey had severe diarrhea and she couldn't handle it. I offered to take him back until the antibiotic symptom wore off, and actually keep him until he was neutered. Her mother brought him back, and told me the girl wouldn't take him back. I am devastated, and so is poor Dewey. He is so lonely in my house. I have to go into see him every so often, and he is just so lonely. I need to find him a home and quick, as he is in the only spare room I have that is actually a safe haven for two cats I have - one with diabetes - Trouble, and one with FIV, Boris. I have another cat Scooter who is a stalker to both and they have peace when I put them in there a few hours at a time. Dewey is the sweetest stray I've rescued that I need to give up. He headbutts my face and is totally into kisses. Please help!

1 comment:

  1. And here I was hoping that there was a positive outcome to the ordeal :-( I'll keep asking around.

    ReplyDelete