Thursday, January 13, 2011

Miserable Scale: BETTER!

This morning was not as bad as yesterday. It was clean up time for me though, so it took extra long. I had to shovel paths to get to my shelters, not for me, but for the poor cats to walk to - the snow is past their little bodies, so it is hard for them to get from point A to point B - so I try to make it a little easier. I look like a nutcase - but oh well! The plow guys must think I am looney toons. Smokey was there 'doing his business' outside the lean-to. Poor thing. Someone asked me about drop trapping him. I am not quite sure what that means, but the problem with Smokey is he is on a very busy corner, his shelter out in the open. He has had his shelter trashed many times. I am only able to go out and feed early in the morning, and then I have to go to work. I don't have time to sit and wait a long time for trapping. And I can't leave a cage there, as it will be stolen. I wish there was some way to trap Smokey. He is an old dude that is simply just barely surviving out there. I don't know how he gets through these winters. On a happier note, my sweet little Louie has a home! A good friend knows someone who is looking for a black kitty. And Louie fits that bill! Brought Louie home from the vet yesterday, he is a she is a he! HA! Louie is a talker, and a cuddler, and this person who gets him is very lucky!! What I do is very expensive, I have no one helping me pay for getting shots, check up, spaying these animals, except for Dewey, who is lucky to have been saved by AnotherChancePetRescue, but mostly I pay for this out of my own pocket, but its so worth it to save a cat's life and find it a home. And of course there is Mary Mary, who took care of the bills for both her babies that I rescued. I get lucky now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment