Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Dewey Update

I know I must sound like a broken record, but the Dewman is the sweetest kitty in the world. Well, maybe not the world, maybe not this town, maybe not in my house, but he is ONE OF THEM!!! Not a vicious bone in his body! He is very good taking his medicine, and very good about being brushed, and very very good about being kissed 'to death' on his nose!!! He is getting better every day, and is really starting to come around. He is a gentle beast. His poor little pads on his feet, they are so dry and cracked. My Boris' pads were like that when I got him in below zero temperatures five years ago. They looked like they would be very sore and I asked the vet what we could do about them, but he said time would heal them, and they are like a baby's bottom now. I sure hope that happens soon for Dewey! Dewey was also neutered yesterday, and the vet noticed that his teeth were broken, and guessed he may have been hit by a car to have suffered such injury. They also found a bone stuck in his teeth (chicken bone?), which must have been causing him a lot of pain, and removed that. Poor baby! We continue to search for his forever home. Can any of you help?

1 comment: