Wednesday, January 26, 2011

One for the Money, Two for the Show...


three to get ready now go cat go!


sorry, I get carried away sometimes! :) This morning was a quiet morning, although somewhat disturbing in a few spots. My first spot was solely occupied by a 'not so pretty' opossum - he wouldn't budge. I think he was just enjoying being under that small lean-to on a nice blankie. I left him alone and told him I would be back later. My second stop had the sweet little calico kitty that has been hanging around since before I rescued Dewey. She is a bit shy, but will come close when very hungry. I think it all depends on how much food each kitty is able to eat before another one comes along and 'threatens' them. Then they get what ever is left over. Its the Alpha and the Omega syndrome. My third spot is always quiet, but I've only been feeding there in the winter months. Will be interesting to see who is out around that time of the morning, when it gets warmer. A man did come out of the house next door to this abandoned home, and when I see someone I am very quick to relay what I am doing there. I feel its my duty to do so. I try to be as sweet as I can be with these people, as I am in their neighborhood. My next spot, where Smokey resides, was a little busier than usual. First, Smokey was waiting for me in the driveway next door, which is crazy, because he could be on a nice dry towel near in or near his shelter, as I have sort of a palace built up for him there. But this dude named Michael, whom I've seen in the past, started to walk up to me - I hadn't noticed him until that very minute - and asked for money. I told him I recognized him from before (I posted about him a few months back) and told him I am just feeding the kitties and that was that! He was innocent enough though. He is a junkie looking to purchase his next high. The next stop I noticed a sweet black kitty, who has been hanging around, and has a collar, but is limping, so he is injured. Will have to keep my eye on that. Next spot sure enough was Benny and Boo, Benny's girlfriend, waiting for their food. I did go back to the first spot before I went to my last and Mr. Opossum was still there, so I just left it be. I placed some food and water down on the driveway to the house just in case. I am sure by the looks of Mr. P's teeth that its a nasty bite if you get one. So, I think I will leave him alone in the future! :)

2 comments:

  1. Yes, you should definitely leave Mr. Opossum alone! Yikes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that Benny is back!! And that he has the company of a friend :-) Definitely helps to have a warm body to lay next to in this nasty weather.

    ReplyDelete