Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Hump Day!

Lots of and lots of towels to be washed this morning. I went around and must have gathered up 20 very soaking, icy towels from yesterday's rain. Thank God for the towel donations I recently received around the holidays - you know who you are (wink) - and I thank you! Not to mention my food bills weekly, but in the wintertime, I do a LOT of laundry. I pray every day my very old washing machine holds up, including the dryer! It takes a lot of wear and tear! I must pull out a handful of leaves and sticks that are attached to the ice on the wet towels and can't be shaken off due to the state of frozenness. That was a hard sentence to write... :)

Other than that, did not see the black and white fluffball again this morning. I saw it two mornings in a row, and now two mornings in a row it has not been around. No sign of Smokey this morning either, but I did change the blanket he uses under the lean-to, which I hope he uses as the weather is supposed to get bitter cold again. As long as these towels/blankets stay dry, they are good for the kitties. Better than nothing! I pulled up to my first stop this morning and lo and behold, under the lean to was a very ugly little possum! He hissed at me and kept backing up against the wall, wouldn't move. I tried to scoot him out, but he wouldn't budge. I thought if he ever came after me, it would be a mess, but he was too scared to do anything I think. So, I let him be, and decided I would stop back there later, which I did, and Mr. Possum was not there. He left a mess for me to clean up though! Possums and raccoons are very messy eaters!

No comments:

Post a Comment