Sunday, January 9, 2011

An Animal's Eyes Have the Power to Speak a Great Language

As I trudged out at 5:40 am. this morning into the bitter cold, with shovel, dry towels, dry food and warm water in tow, I thought about the cat I rescued over a week ago, Dewey, and the cat I rescued Thursday, Louie. I thought about how very lucky they are to be in a place where there is warmth, and safety, and love. And as I set down the water and food and dry towels for the precious babies that were eyeing me from a distance, waiting for me to place that precious life sustaining small comfort they have for that moment of a day, I thought about Dewey and Louie again. Dewey is again being fostered at another home after a hopeful home fell through, but before he left me, with the look he gave me, and his head butting into mine, I knew I had done the right thing. And the same thing with Louie, I see the look in his eyes when he looks at me, and I know they are so grateful to me for getting them off the street, all the danger that lurks there, not only from other animals, but from the weather. I think about this and am proud of what I do. More importantly, I am thankful for all the wonderful people who have come into my life that have adopted most of these innocent angels that I have rescued. Some have not been so fortunate, but the ones that have been, they are still around, healthy and happy, as I do get reports from their 'mommies or daddies' from time to time. Dewey and Louie need homes desperately. I must find them that! They deserve this!

No comments:

Post a Comment