Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Is it Almost Spring?

Sure feels like it out there! But its just a tease. I think the temp shot up 40 degrees since last yesterday. I'll take it. Supposed to plummet again this weekend. My intention was to trap a sick kitty where Smokey resides, but he wasn't there this morning. Sort of good thing because I realized I had forgotten the carrier when I got to my first spot this morning. I was very disappointed, but the black and white fluffball wasn't there anyway. Poor thing, will try again tomorrow. Benny has been showing up at his spot on Central Park. I think he has a girlfriend, and hopefully she is fixed, because she just follows him around. When he hears me calling for him in the morning, he comes running, and she is right behind. He has remained a very friendly, sweet cat, which is surprising seeing as how he has been homeless for a long time now. And Red is around the past week at my last spot, but still shys away from me. I really scared him when I tried to trap him. After I got home to refill my 'sack' of food, I was adding up what I spend each week. I use up one 16-lb bag of Dad's cat food PER DAY. I use 12 cans of 9-Lives wet cat food a day - and that is scimping. Wet food is the only 'treat' these animals have on a 24 hour basis, no love, no warmth, no nothing, so I figure wet food is what they deserve during these very very miserable months. It costs me a fortune to pay for 6 16-lb bags and nearly three cases of wet food a week. A fortune. I need a fortune to come to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment