Thursday, January 20, 2011

All is Calm, All is Bright

The sun is out, yay! Thats a good thing! Unfortunately, its as cold as Alaska is right now, which isn't a good thing! Everyone was around this morning, including some newbies, and not including Mr. Opossum! I layed down some nice dry towels in hopes that some of my guys can snuggle in and get some warmer sleep with the dry weather we are due today. There is a cat that hung around Dewey that I have named Goldi. She is a calico, all sorts of pretty colors. She was out, and lets me get close to her, but is still hesitant to let me really pet her. Goldi is there each morning. Benny was there with his girlfriend too, which I think I will name Boo. Benny and Boo. Has a nice ring to it! And Smokey was there, but Smokey was outside again of the lean-to, which also shields the weather from the opening of the wooden box shelter that was built for me by the kids at Gates Chili school. I don't know why he doesn't stay in there. I place the food and water under the lean to, but he just won't go in there. I have not seen the black and white fluffball that seemed quite sick three days ago, not sure if that poor animal is in the wood hut dead, so will have to check that out this weekend when I have my partner in crime with me. We did check it out last weekend to be sure it had enough straw, and it did. Its a nice snuggly place for a homeless kitty, I wish Smokey would use it more often! Red was at his spot, but when I pulled up, he was having a showdown with a very very fluffy light red kitty that I've been seeing there lately. There is also a gray and white fluff ball hanging around there too. So three I've been seeing there regularly now. I wish Red trusted me more! I want to rescue him!! I go see Louie (aka Leroy Brown) at his new place tonight to bring him a blanket. His new Dad said Leroy doesn't like his blankets, so I will bring him mine that has a familiar scent to him. I miss my babies Louie and Dewey!

1 comment:

  1. who is the partner in crime? From, Brenna

    ReplyDelete