Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday Blahs

This morning, I went out to care for my babies, and on the corner of Central and Goodman has been a cat I've seen two mornings now coming out of the shelter I have there for Smokey. Its a (once) pretty black and white fluffball, very emaciated, with one of those plastic/rubber flea collars on it. Obviously it started out with someone with good intentions, but something went drastically wrong, as that cat has not had a home for a good while. It came out when I opened up the lean to that protects the opening of the box shelter, and just started to gorge the food I put down - of course while poor Smokey stood back at a distance watching - and this poor thing didn't care that I was pouring the food on its head, it just seemed that desperate. His thinness, along with this desperation, and the matted coat leads me to believe he has lived through most of his Nine Lives, and I must get him. I think I will be able to grab him and place him in my carrier tomorrow morning, which I will attempt to do tomorrow. I cannot allow a sick cat to suffer, especially with the single digit temperatures we had this morning. Please join me in saying a prayer for all of these suffering babies out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment