Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Rags to Riches




Well, Dewey is now saved. Dewey went from living on the streets, to a warm and comfortable home this morning. From the moment I picked him up as my second to last stop, gently placed him in the carrier, placed the carrier in the car, went about to my last stop where Red and Louie are, to the time I got to my house and put him in the back bedroom and opened the carrier door, he was an ANGEL. I figured he has not felt warmth since probably August, four months ago. And I got really lucky, he is a very very very sweet cat. He nuzzles his face against you already! He didn't even try to go into hiding when I let him out. No under the bed thing, just starving and thirsty! I left the room with him drinking out of the bowl of water I placed and came back in not five minutes later to find an empty water bowl! Its amazing, how thirsty these cats must be in the winter. Their only source of water is snow, if that. Its just so important to place water down for them at least. I am so thrilled I was able to save a kitty, with the help of two other angels in my life. They will help pay for the vet bill, and one even has a foster home for him to go to. But remember, he IS available for adoption, so please keep him in mind. Check back later, I will have two GREAT shots I took of him this morning. He is a poser!! Dewey is so lucky!!

4 comments:

  1. I found your blog through the Second Chance mailing list, when you were trying to place Dewey. :) I think you help the cats around our house! There's a little leanto nearby, and someone shovels it, and we could never figure out who! It's on Hayward. (We mistook LouLou for our escaped little black girl Kali a few weeks ago, until we saw the back of him! We did find Kali, she's safe inside now.)

    Our friends downstairs have also been putting out food, and yesterday they took in the sweetest, friendliest grey male. All he wants to do is cuddle, and he looks abandoned. He's thin, but he'll ignore food to be petted.

    If their current cat acclimatizes to him, they'll keep him. If not, they'll find him a home. I didn't want you to worry! (We've been calling Orangie Vladamurr, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would they also be willing to take in Louie??

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. Can you please contact me? I would love to talk to you. This is amazing that someone that is HUMANE actually lives on Hayward!!! I have rescued the most cats from this area!!! Please e-mail me at janinethebean10@yahoo.com with your number. Thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They named the grey one Mickey, but even he's going to be a stretch if he works out. They wouldn't be able to take Louie too, but we can definitely keep an eye on him and keep putting food/water outside. We'll be in touch, my husband just said the Second Chance people let him know to contact you too. :)

    ReplyDelete