Monday, November 15, 2010

Rescue Animals

I want to say something about rescue animals. I have rescued many many many cats over the years, most I have found homes for, and most are or were but have passed on. I know people love a warm soft cuddly little kitten, but you have to remember this, its the adult cats that are more likely to be euthanized when they are brought into a shelter. And these adult cats, some are throwaways of society, some are lost, there are probably many stories, but when I rescue one, they are house ready. This means, they are so grateful to come in from the cold, they are the real cuddlers, because they have undying love for their rescuer. All of my cats are rescued, and they show their love for me in different ways. Boris, who is FIV positive and has kidney disease which is slowly eating away at him, is my biggest lover. He will sidle up to me and curl his arms around my neck as if to hug me. Whereever I am, he is there. When he looks into my eyes, and he does look deep into them, I can hear him tell me just how happy and grateful he is that I took him from behind a restaurant on a January morning when it was zero degrees, and gave him a warm and comfortable home to live out the rest of his life in. All my cats do, and let me tell you, I remind them when they are bad just how lucky they have it! There are at least four cats out there now who are just like Boris, but I have no homes to offer them, so this is the sad part of my daily feedings. These four are beautiful, sweet cats that are desperate to find someone to love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment