Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Hump Day

Well, its a Wednesday, and it poured all afternoon, and all throughout the night into the early morning, and now its back to raining again. I think the one saving grace was that it stopped during my feeding hour - 5:45 am. to 6:30 am. I changed a lot of wet towels on the ground, of course they are probably soaked again because the lean tos I have against houses or building - the rain beats against them, and the water has to go somewhere, and that means down the side of the house, through the paper thin slat at the top of the lean to, and on to my towels I have under the board. Its the one dry place for those kitties for about an hour maybe! Of course they have porches to go on, or under, so I am grateful for those! We will have high winds today too, so that makes it extra tricky. I hope most of my stuff doesn't blow away! Tomorrow should be more calm, which is good. Otherwise, I must try to find homes for the three orange kitties I am feeding on Hayward. They are beauties. Sweet, and always hungry! Strays, for sure. I have also decided to stop feeding on Hebard Street. Haven't seen Mama there in ages, I know something is eating the food, but its not her. And its not eating much as there is still food there when I come the next day. So far I have stopped feeding at three spots. Behind the ballet company on University, on Niagara Street where Gina was arrested, and now on Hebard. Its sad, but you have to walk away from something when the odds are too stacked against you and law enforcement and owners of buildings are telling you not to trespass.

No comments:

Post a Comment