Friday, November 5, 2010

Beaming with Pride

I was so honored to be mentioned in a newspaper columnist's column yesterday, and the topic being about kindness and civility. Civility I am good at, but I am sure some of my close friends and family would be chuckling about the kindness part, especially when I get in one of my moods with them personally. Not that I am mean, just that I can be…….. A little persnickity? Would that be a good word to use? I will defer to my friends and family on that one if they read this. As far as the actual feeding of cats, I did see Mama this morning on Hebard Street, and then I saw the male that has been hanging around there scaring her. Its not a good situation. As I got back into my car I saw a truck heading down the street towards me, and to my (fearful) surprise, Wilbert pulled up to say hello! Music blaring (its 6 am.!). He is the gentleman that lives on the corner of First Street and Bay who has kindly allowed me to feed cats on his vacant lot next door. I wish the article had included the few kindnesses that I have been shown over the years. It would also include Frank, the gentleman who lives on Second Street who is going to allow me to place a shelter or two on the porch he has rights to in his rented apartment/house. Then there would be the teacher who's students are building me shelters for the cats. How wonderful for someone to take an interest in this and actually DO something to help. These are the few things I can think of at the moment, I am sure there are a few more, but I again, I am so grateful that I am recognized in some small way. I only wish someone could financially recognize me so that we could really get these cats off the streets and into the sanctuary that the money would build! Anyways, all in all, I am proud of myself for what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment