Monday, November 1, 2010

Hear Me Meow, Hear Me Roar!

Recently I heard from a family member or friend that this blog was too SAD to read sometimes. Thats OK to tell me, and normal to FEEL! For someone who could NEVER volunteer at an animal shelter, let alone walk into one without crying a thousand tears, its a very human feeling and emotion that once you have, thank God you never get over. The purpose of this blog, my daily thoughts and feelings in what I do is to create awareness, not sadness. I've heard there are others in this town that do what I do, but I am not sure about their existence. I know there is one other, Gina, that does what I do, but she goes on a totally different time clock than mine, and she experiences totally different situations that I do. Think about it, I go BEFORE the crack of dawn, she goes in the afternoon/evenings. She experiences the PEOPLE, the MEAN folks of the city that don't understand what we do. I go in the dark, when they are still sleeping. We both connect on a semi-occasional basis to discuss whats going on out there, thats the only way I know for sure there are others there doing what I am doing. A dream would be for me to have this blog reach far and wide to people all over the country,and maybe even the world, to know that there are people devoted to doing what I do. I have to say that I have had a bit of feedback from people who thank me for what I do. I welcome feedback and advice in trying to save a cat, one day at a time. It takes a lot of courage, devotion and determination to do what I do, and I know someday there will be a day where I don't have to do what I do, because all these babies that I deal with daily, and in my short lifetime, will be housed and fed and loved and cared for in Meowsville...

No comments:

Post a Comment