Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Nuts


Its been a crazy morning for me personally. I had to drop my sweet boy Boris off at the vets this morning. Now Boris has FIV, and is suffering from kidney failure - I rescued Boris maybe five or close to six years ago from East Main and Culver behind Lorraines restaurant. That was the first place I started to feed homeless cats - someone once told me she had seen cats behind the restaurant and that was the dreaded day I started to do this crazy business. I started to put food there and shelter, and fought to do it as the owners hate cats, and wound up hating me (it was mutual). I have rescued many many from there during that time, and Boris was one of the last. And I thank God I did because we had a stretch of several weeks where temps were in the single digits and below 0, and he was waiting for me every morning. He has been a wonderful pet since. He is my cuddler, and drooler, and the loudest purr on earth. Anyways, he is also very expensive! He is allergic to most cat food so has to be on a special diet of very expensive prescription dry food I have to buy at the vet. He should also be on kidney diet, but he doesn't like it, so I basically give him as much regular wet food as he wants. He is very thin due to the kidney disease. Recently, he has had a large sore under his chin and won't stop scratching at it, and is just basically uncomfortable. So he went to the vet, his favorite spot - NOT! I hope they can just give him a shot of antibiotic and he heals up fast. On another note, we found someone from work who would take Blackie, but when I went to get him this morning from Central and Goodman, he wasn't there, as he hasn't been in two days prior either. I worry about him. You worry about all the babies you see daily and then don't. I pray God is watching over him!

No comments:

Post a Comment