Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Kindness of Strangers

Last Friday when I got home from work, I was sorting through the mail and saw a plain white envelope with my name on it, no return address. I opened it and inside was a copy of the article from the Mark Hare column that I had been mentioned in the day earlier cut out, a sticky note and two twenty dollar bills. The note said "I don't think you are crazy, I think you are wonderful!" That completely touched my heart. This anonymous person sent money to a totally complete stranger because of her love of animals. I was just in awe that someone could do that. Thank you to whoever you are, you have reinstilled a dwindling lack of faith in mankind. This is not to say I haven't been blessed with gifts in the past from friends, and a few people who had never met me but had read an e-mail or two I sent along asking for help with adopting a cat, or posting dogs needing homes. These people have donated food to me and I am forever grateful for them to think of me, or I should say the animals, like that. It takes a very kind person to do that. On another note, Blackie was back in the picture yesterday. I have no clue where he could have been. He is a sweet kitty and deserves to be in someone's home. Benny too. These are two homeless angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment