Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Menace to Society

Joel should use this for his next chapter!  :)

Thank you to everyone that helped support my efforts yesterday on ROC The Day.  I am so grateful to you.  Your donations allow me to continue to feed 40 lbs. of dry food and 42+ cans of wet food each day, for over 100 cats at over 18 locations around the Beechwood section of Rochester.  It also allows me to spay and neuter those that I can.  I took in over 110 cats under my rescue this year, and its still only November.  Half of those were baby kittens.  And kittens get sick.  They are SO susceptible to SO many germs out there.  I had SIX kittens into the vet yesterday - all will live - ha ha...  they are getting over a virus that lasts about three weeks, and they are in their second week.  No medicines were prescribed for them, just keep my hands washed before I touch my other kitties.  Thanks for the advice to the tune of $238+ ..  I noticed them this morning that they are ALL doing much better.  They are so darling...  So you can see, your donations mean the world to me.  I just couldn't care for these babies myself.  Before I became a 501c3, I had to turn kittens away, cats that were sick on the street, I could barely care for, I had to beg other rescues to help me.  Now, not so much.  I am doing it all on my own.  So THANK YOU.  ❤❤❤

Speaking of:  these babes are all available to the right home for adoption!







I forgot to mention that the shelters I placed on CITY property, after they were taken from behind a vacant house there and thrown away from Webster and Ferndale, and found in the trash down the street - and I KNOW this to be Mary Leigh Frank - were messed with since I placed them yesterday morning.  The shelters were turned up and the food dishes gone.  At least they weren't taken again, but it was messed with.

I don't know what can LEGALLY be done to stop this crazy woman.  I have asked a friend of mine who is an officer, and she asked her friends on the beat to stop over there, and ML won't answer her door, and I think the officers have bigger fish to fry so forgot about it and just never went back.  Nothing will scare her, except for the police.

The large board I had on Niagara was also taken since Monday.  I replaced it with two smaller boards next to each other to replace the nice sized board that was taken.  I am just beside myself.

This morning, the shelters on the vacant lot were still there, but the board was messed with.  The shelters on a vacant house on Garson were also removed - I found them in the neighbor's back yard.  Looks like someone may have gone in the house to work on it as the trash bin was out.  The cats I was feeding here are so confused.  This is where I rescued Gracie, barefoot and pregnant, this past July.

Don't cats have ANY right to safe and secure shelter?  Inside a BOX for God's sake?

I need help with this.  Anyone know anyone in law enforcement that can help?  Anyone have time on their hands from 6 am. to 10 am. to catch (witness - just sit and watch) this woman doing what she is doing, just to prove beyond a doubt that its her?

My wish list:

  • PAPER BOWLS
  • BOARDS of all sizes (2x4, 3x4, 4x5)
  • SHELTERS And if you think it might be a waste to donate shelters to me because some are taken, please don't feel that way. These cats need them.  I do my best to keep them in place, and am vigilant about finding them when they are missing.  
  • TARPS - Brown and/or brown and dark green camouflage - all sizes

I am 90% confident of my shelters being safe just west of Goodman (Niagara is the 10%), but east of that, I am on pins and needles at each spot I pull up to every single day, wondering if my shelters will be there.  Nothing is safe, nothing is secure.

Shelters on the streets for animals are very important because they provide temporary homes for the abandoned and homeless cats from the weather elements, and also provide safe shelters from other predators out there.  Shelter, food and water are especially important to stray and feral cats in cold weather.

Here is a great link about how to care for outdoor cats in the winter.  I am trying to save them all, but until then.................................

http://www.humanesociety.org/issues/feral_cats/tips/caring_feral_cats_winter.html?referrer=https://www.google.com/

Have a great day!



3 comments:

  1. Hey J !
    My ultimate shelter is almost ready to deliver !
    I finished painting it last night. All it needs is the roof latch hooks installed and its ready to go.
    Hope you have a safe place for it.
    This one is way too nice to lose. I'll be messaging you tonight to make arrangements to bring it out to its intended location.
    Whats that rat-killer cats name ? I'll get him in my next chapter !
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the new pics of the kittens! ~The Jones Fam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy that Giving Tuesday through ROC went so well for you, Janine! I was very happy to read that post on FB. Love your current brood of babies! They are just adorable & glad they are on the mend! Have a great weekend...xo

    ReplyDelete