Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Boo!



Happy Halloween!


TACO


What cuter kitten can you get all dressed up for Halloween than the almighty Taco?

BOO! (aka Catty)
Speaking of BOO!  Catty, the black kitten that was recently adopted, was renamed Boo by his new mom.  He is doing well, still adjusting to his big feline sister.

Lulu's BLING! ⟡
I also received an update on Lulu yesterday.  What an adorable baby.  She is still a little thing, and oh so cherished by her new mom and dad.

"Shes too adorable!  Shes very very playful and sleepy.  Well tire her out playing for an hour or two and then shell lay down and take a nap for another hour or two.  We love her so much!"

Rochester Clutch and Brake - the owner SOLD this building to someone else.  They are no longer responsible for anything that happens there, so thank you, but it would behoove anyone to write them emails blasting them, they are long gone from this building.

Wood boards - I should clarify my need.  Picture this:  I place bowls on the ground against a building.  Cats gather around those dishes to eat.  It starts to rain.  The cats are getting wet.  I place a board that is tall enough, and wide enough to cover those plates, and allow the cats to remain under the board to eat.  So go to a wall, place a dinner plate of cat food on the floor against the wall, and call your cat over to the food.  Then grab a board you may have, and place it, leaning above the the cat and the plate.  Can the cat fit comfortably in front of, or on the side of the plate, while the board is covering it?  THAT'S what I need.  I have a restriction as to size however.  I can't fit a board that is TOO WIDE into the back of the Jeep.  So it has to be just right.  I would have to say 3' x 4'.   That might be ideal.

Nothing new this morning.  Mary Leigh continues to remove my plates and bowls from the vacant house porch.  Even though she lives on the other street.  I need to figure out how to stop her.



Parsells Buff Kitten (8/31/17)

Otherwise, the rain and wind have stopped for now, and it was an easier, quieter morning for me.  There is an older buff colored kitten on Parsells I am dying to rescue.  There are two on Garson, a newer spot for me, down from where I am established behind the lot.  I feed two tabbies on this vacant house porch.  One is a short haired male, and the other a long haired female.  Both are sweet, and come running to me.  I have placed two shelters there, but I need to build it up better for the onslaught of winter.



The Meow and Chow is shaping up.  I am SO excited for you all to see the raffle item baskets we have.  Its going to be fun.  Plus, I have a signature cocktail that will be served.  Yum.  :)   Just a week from this Saturday!

Have a great day!

"Nothing living should ever be treated with contempt. Whatever it is that lives, a man, a tree, or a bird, should be touched gently, because the time is short. Civilization is another word for respect for life ..."


3 comments:

  1. I got you covered J !
    Well ... the cats that is...
    Dropping of three sheets of 1/4 inch ply tomorrow - 3 X 4 feet.
    Hope the A-holes dont shit-can 'em !
    :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the updates on Boo and Lulu! Sounds like they both hit the jackpot with their new families.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found nice size pre-cut plywood pieces at LOWES.
    3/8 inch plywood boards, 2 ft wide by 4ft tall.
    Fairly cheap - only $11.00 each.
    These should make ideal shelters. They are easy to handle, fit in the jeep, and you can overlap two of them to make a wider shelter if you want.
    Anytime Janine says - "I need boards" I would immediately go and look for these.
    If just one or two people brought her two of these boards she would be all set to shelter wet kitties while they eat.
    :)

    ReplyDelete