Friday, October 20, 2017

Wish List

TACO!
Letter was sent yesterday to the man on Melville.  Funny thing, this morning was the second morning that the paper plates and paper bowl was not removed from the back of the lot.  That is where I am feeding the other cats that won't get close to me, and the kittens I saw there.  Who knows.  Do I dare placing a precious Styrofoam shelter there over for next week, seeing as how its supposed to rain?  And a board to cover the food?  I will dare.

Tobey and Ike

Lets not forget I am also dealing with someone who is taking my plates and bowls on Ferndale Crescent and Webster Avenue.  Every day.  The cats wait for me hungrily to replace their plates and bowls, to eat the only meal they will have all day and night.  Sickening the mindset of people who can do this to these innocent creatures.

Speaking of, on Garson this morning, the man that lives next to the lot, not the guy that came out at 4 am. and told me to stop feeding there, but the nice man that lives on the other side of the lot, he took a board from back there, where I have shelters.  I believe it was him, as he is always doing something odd with this space.  He had a beautiful vegetable garden this past summer, all in boxes throughout the vacant lot.  So I am down a board. 

Boards are very precious to me.  I need them to cover entrances to the shelters for when it gets cold and snowy.  So, if you see boards on the side of the road, or can purchase them, any size bigger than 2' x 4', please save them for me.  I also need paper bowls.  There is a larger size, and a smaller size.  I could use both.  Must be paper, no Styrofoam.  We must think of Mother Earth!

This morning, I spotted the black and white kitty with the torn injured head, and he actually was hungry enough, and trusting enough, to get close.  I was able to pet him.  I had the carrier standing by my side, and ready.  At one point, I grabbed him by the scruff, and placed him in the carrier.  No sooner than I had done that, he got out.  I was extremely disappointed.  Unless you've ever done this, with an injured animal, you don't know the depth of disappointment you feel.  I watched him run away.  I left with my head down, and thought about it for the rest of the morning.  I am determined to get him, especially after my friend and foster Kim has offered to take him in and care for him.  I will set a trap, as he seems desperate enough to eat.  Poor baby.

Little Tobey is sick.   Snotty nose, eye gook.  URI.  Tobey is one of the six kittens I rescued the past two week from Garson.  I immediately isolated her last evening into a spare room and she cries and cries.  I am trying to get her in to see a doctor today.  Ka Ching.


GINNY!

Owl-eyed Ginny was spayed yesterday.  Her foster mom had suspected either FIP or pregnancy because of her belly when she was fostering her, so she took her to the vet and the culture came back for worms, but they couldn't confirm the other.  So when she was spayed yesterday, I asked that they pay particular attention to her regarding FIP or pregnancy, and it was confirmed she had neither!  So this little girl is ready for a home!  She is so sweet and darling.  Her purrs are so loud.  She's precious, just precious.

I have a family coming to meet Gracie tomorrow.  Fingers crossed!

Have a great day.
I leave you with pictures of my Rock God.  Robert Plant.  I love you Robert.  ❤💓💕💖💗💋






3 comments:

  1. Wow are you a busy lady. I know you will be able to get the injured kitty. You have ways of making what seems impossible happen. I will be praying for him until then. Ginny is adorable and I am SO happy to know she is healthy. What a cutie. And of course I feel your pain with the URI and goopy eyes. It never ends. Let's talk this weekend!! xo
    -Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - by the way, I have some boards and old doors if you want them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taco is such a cutie pie !
    Love him !

    ReplyDelete