Monday, October 23, 2017

Fido

Ginny!
Look at that kitten - GINNY - is she gorgeous or what.  I have a cat named Vanessa, a muted tortie with streaks of orange and yellows, and just beautiful fall colors!  I had a visitor yesterday, her name is Lillian, and she is a sweet 88 year old woman that adopted a kitten from me years back, and we became friends.  I visit her every other week or so, and she has made cookies for the fundraiser for me for the past two years.  She is a feisty one.  I've always told her to stop over if she is in the neighborhood - we live just miles from each other.  You go to her house and she is this very young 88 year old, hair still dyed, perfectly coiffed, house in impeccable order, always the smell of something yummy cooking, and a very sharp, dry, sarcastic sense of humor.  Fun though.  She makes me laugh.  I almost DIED when I saw her drive up yesterday.  I was on the phone with Kristin and practically hung up in mid-sentence with her because I had to race to get things in order.  Her yard - there is not a blade of grass out of  place on her lawn, mine was covered in sticks and leaves - that was the first thing I am sure she noticed as she got out of the car.   I invited her in and could just see the look in her eyes, one by one surveying the cats, and the kittens, and my kitchen with stuff all over the counters, and cut out spiders on the floor from the party the night before, and litter on the floor outside the litter box...  I swear, I thought, this must look like the Munsters house to her.  I just about died.  I got her out as quickly as she came in.  She probably has this whole new persona about me, and it ain't pretty.  Oh well.  What are you going to do.  It is what it is.  I don't know why I pretend to be what I would like it to be, but it never is.  I hope you get what I mean!



As you can imagine, I had a much more relaxing Sunday, even though before I knew it, it was 3 pm. and I still had a boatload of things I wanted to get done, but never did.

IKE



Stevie and Izzy!

The two sick kittens are getting much better, they've been isolated from the other four, and all six are just darling.  Some more skittish than the others, but adorable nevertheless.

Ginny went back with her foster mom, but will come back to me as soon as the two sick kittens are better, and the rest of them will be as well, and will be better socialized as Melissa has more time to devote to them at night when she gets home from work.  Thank God for Melissa.

Gracie at new home



Gracie went to her forever home on Saturday.  It was sad and happy for me, as they all are.  Gracie was isolated in her foster home as well, because she didn't really like the other kitties she was around, but her new home she is now an only 'child' and will be spoiled rotten by her new mom and dad.  Thank you Kristin and Ethan for adopting Gracie! 

I have not seen the injured kitty since I failed to get her in the carrier last week.  So disappointed.  This morning though, as I drove by on my way home, I thought I saw him on the porch sitting there.  I stopped, got out and placed the trap with yummy tuna, and drove off.  Came back a while later, and BLAM!  A cat in the trap!  Upon closer inspection, in the dark, it was not the injured kitty, it was another.  And none to happy either.  Of course I feel horrible about this cat.  I hope it shows up soon.

In the meantime, at this exact spot on Melville, there is a female BREEDING dog that gets out of the fence in the house behind that is off Parsells.  Its bark is worse than its bite, but the dog keeps going onto the porch and eating the cat food.  She won't be scared off either.  I must call Animal Control and report that these people need to secure their fence better.  She is a pit bull and could be mistaken as a vicious dog.  OF course she shouldn't be allowed to be with these 'owners' if they are breeding her, but she is scaring me, and the cats I am sure, and eating their food!

And, in case you are wondering, I have not heard one iota from the man I sent the letter to last Thursday.  And the plates are being removed daily, although there have been one or two mornings that they were still there, but then gone the next.  And on Webster and Ferndale, someone is taking those plates daily.  I have been sort of spying when I drive off, I circle back with lights off trying to catch this person, but so far no luck.  I did see Crazy Mary Leigh this morning, and tailed her, but she walked right past.  She did not know I was tailing her either. 

Out of ...  18 locations where I have shelters?  I think there are FOUR that are 'secure'.  I deal with so much animosity and negativity.  I have to sneak around to feed these poor helpless animals.  Its a tragedy more isn't being done to protect them.



Don't forget the FUNRaiser on November 11th!  I am still hoping to get gift cards and some good gift baskets for the Chinese Raffle.   There will be great food, music and ...  we will have our very own bartenders!  :)  So bring your thirst, and empty stomach, and enjoy the afternoon!

Have a great day!

"God meets our needs
one day at a time."

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for Gracie! She deserves a great home. Such a sweetie and good mommy.

    ReplyDelete