Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Tuesday...

  • Pennsylvania Avenue - feeding under a tree

Tuesday is the “forgotten day” as it’s not church day… not the typical first day of the work week, it’s not a day that signifies the work week is half over (and humping), it’s not the “hey, start the party because tomorrow is Friday” day, nobody Thanks God It’s Tuesday like Friday… and Hey it’s no Saturday.

So I am down to two paper bowls.  And paper plates that are too small, and there is no lip.  I've used up all my good paper plates and bowls replacing the ones that the !#@%@#$ are throwing out each day at two locations.  Not to mention, when the wind picks up, there they go at other locations also.  I sure could use heavy ceramic plates with a lip, so that the food doesn't easily push off the side.  I can also use boards, of any size (not bigger than four feet as I can't get in the back of the Jeep).  Whoever is doing this to the cats on Melville has removed the boards I place there as well as the plates and bowls.  The board is needed for days like today, rain.  It will keep the food dry underneath when you lean the board against another surface.

My wish list:  
https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/QNU35QSZ9LSR/ref=cm_go_nav_hz


  • Dixie Ultra Heavy Duty paper plates and bowls
  • kitten food (wet and dry - grain free preferably)
  • boards
  • large camouflage tarps
  • KitnKaboodle or Purina Cat Chow dry food
  • LARGE Friskies cans (fish, turkey or chicken)
  • heavy ceramic lipped plates


Dead Rat on Parsells - this is what cats do! 😐

I woke this morning to ferocious winds and hailing rain.  I thought, 'oh man, this is going to be tough, I just want to go back to bed and not have to do this'.  I then thought of the rain gear I have, and how its not rainproof really, and I thought of my hair, and THEN I thought of those poor cats in the rain, and where are they huddling.  I wasn't worried about the cats that have a safe haven - maybe four spots out of 18.  They consist of beautiful wooden huts across from each other, up on pallets, board over that, and tarp over that.  Like little villages.  Better than nothing.  I am sure the cats huddle under cars, under porches, but its got to be frightening to them, the wind and howling rain, let alone thunder and lightening storms.

But as luck would have it, when I left the house at 3:45 am., the rain had stopped.  It was wet nevertheless.  I am grateful I have my rubber wellies to wear each day in spring, summer and fall.  They've kept my feet from getting wet, from the possibility of getting bitten by a tick, from all sorts of gross things.  They might be pink and bright, but they do the trick.  Come winter though, its the furry boots with rubber protection at the bottom.  I still have yet to break a leg.  

No sight of the kitty with the large flesh wound on his face.  I must have scared him enough for him to keep away.  But there are so many others.  

I must find more fosters.  There are so many kitties out there I must get off the streets.  Please consider!

PS, if anyone has time in the morning, I am looking for a person to sit and do a stake out!  I need to know who is trashing my stuff on Webster and Ferndale Crescent!  They go every morning after I place food for the hungry cats and throw the food and water out.

Have a nice day!

"Every day may not be good
but there is something good
in every day."

3 comments:

  1. Hi Janine, I have some baskets, etc. to drop off. Just ordered paper plates, frisbees and batteries thru Amazon for you.
    JOEL - if you're reading this - will you have your book at the fundraiser and if yes, how much will it be? A few of us want to purchase it & have you sign it and want to make sure we have enough cash. Thanks. Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy C !
    You bet I'll be there with my book !
    I would like to sell them for $10.00 each.
    However, I'm going to see how that goes. If I get frowny faces right away, I'll have to change the price.
    Every dollar I get will go straight to miss Janine.
    I am bringing 25 copies.
    I really want to sell out.
    I am saving one copy for myself and Janine will get a free one.
    I will be at Sue Millers table.
    Hope to see you there !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bargain!! PLEASE save 2 copies for me and a friend. Thank you! Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete