Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Updates!

Be sure to click on pics to view close up

It was a tough morning for me.  First the issue with the vacant lot where I am feeding kittens, and adult cats on the side of the road - the @#$@# totally got rid of the dishes I had back there (and all the wooden boards too).  I really need to catch whoever is doing this.  I don't know what I will do, but I know what I would LIKE to do.  I did swing by on my way home to make sure the food was still there, an hour after leaving it, and to get the numbers on the surrounding houses.  If anyone can let me know who owns this lot - it is between #103 and #119 Melville Street.  On top of that, the first Melville stop I make, where I've been feeding for years, and they boarded up the carport under neath the house so I was forced to feed the cats on the porch above, the porch was totally gone this morning.  Whoever owns this vacant house, and I believe its someone who lives in California, is having work done.  Luckily, the person working on it did NOT trash the shelter I had left there yesterday morning, and placed the food dishes on the side of the house, not trashing those either.

Sick kitty on Garson
When I pulled up to Garson, where I just rescued the six kittens, I walked to the back of the lot, and in the light from my flashlight I could see a cat lying there on the ground, sort of behind a board.  As I got closer I expected it to bolt, as they all do.  Nothing.  I got closer to it, and realized something was wrong.  I petted its behind, and it raised its head, with little sticks sticking to its mouth, as if it had its head lying on the ground, drooling maybe and they stuck to his mouth.  I walked back to my car, got the carrier, came back and gently grabbed the kitty by the scruff and placed in the carrier.  I noted it was not eartipped.  Off it went, to the emergency vet in Brighton, and after the doctor examined for about a minute, determined that kitty had a very weak heartbeat, and whatever happened to it, it most likely would not have made it through the day.  I gave permission to euthanize.  There are so many poor souls out there like this.  Anyone who questions my decision, think twice before you do.

I love updates.  If anyone would like to share, please do.  These are the best kinds of posts!

If you will all remember, I rescued Pierre from Parsells this past spring, and was he a handful!  He went to his foster momma Kim to be 'tamed' and then I rescued Carmel.  Both needed a home, and along came an angel, Sheryl, who lives in the country, and wanted to give these two a home.  It was a bit tricky at first, because Pierre was bold, and Carmel was frightened.  But after patience and time, they both came around, and also became friends with the resident pooch!  



Pierre and Carmel


Roesie and Toesie:

"This update is looong overdue but I just wanted to let you know how Captain Toesie and Dinosaur Water Bottle (new names) were doing! It's amazing how different their personalities are. I have a favorite for different times of day 😊.  Captain is my favorite for snuggling and Dinosaur is my favorite playmate. They both tolerate the kids, although Dinosaur is better at hiding! Hope all is well with you!"

Toesie and Rosie Then

Rosie and Toesie NOW






I sure do love happy endings!

Have a great day!

"The worst sin towards our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them:  that's the essence of inhumanity."



3 comments:

  1. omg.....the pics of the two kitties who became buddies are awesome! Especially the the "welcome" from one of the woman's children! Lynne and Sawyer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww that poor kitty.
    He is better off now that you came along and gave him mercy.
    Great update from Rosie and Tosie !
    Although I'm not to sure on the "Dinosaur water bottle" name ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about the sick kitty you found. I wonder what happened to the poor thing. Thank God you found him when you did and ended his suffering.
    I love the updates on the two families! Very creative names. ;)

    ReplyDelete