Thursday, November 2, 2017

Yesterday...



All my troubles seemed so far away, now it looks like they are here to say....  Beatles...  I don't know why I have that song in my head.  I was never a fan of the Beatles, although I am insanely gaga over John Lennon's Dream No. 9.  I love that song.  I had never heard it before, or at least appreciated it until less than a year ago.  Could play it over and over and over.... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-rstOjonZU



It was another wet and rainy morning.  The board is still at Melville - at least they have left it there for at least four days now....  The food is still being taken by Mary Leigh Frank - the schizophrenic that lives on the street over from there - Webster Crescent.   Her house looks like right out of a horror movie... where the madman lives.  I am wondering what animals she has over there, because from what I last understood, she wasn't allowed to have animals on her property.  I have not seen the kitty with the huge raw wound on his face and neck since he escaped my carrier when I tried to rescue him.  I have not had an opportunity to trap at at least three locations that I know of where there is a unspayed female cat that is producing babies..  I do have an opportunity for it on Monday - for three cats - wish me luck.  I am hoping to rescue the little cream colored older kitten on Parsells as soon as I possibly can, but I have no foster, and I can't take him into my fold as I still have Jose and Fudgie, the two six month old kittens, that have no interest sparked by anyone yet.  I also have six orphaned kittens - three of which are being neutered/spayed today, the remaining on the 30th.  Little Stevie, with the tumor on his belly, will hopefully be treated for that while she is under the knife this morning.  Ginny, the tortie kitten, has someone interested in adopting her.  Her foster mom, however, brought her into the vet yesterday due to the early stages of an upper respiratory ailment.  She was treated, and hopefully will be good to go within the week. 

Meanwhile, I have five brand spankin' new kittens under my belt.  I received a request from someone who had them, her son found them, and turned out she is the sister-in-law of my close friend Mary, and they were the kittens from a recently controversial location in Chili, so I felt somewhat obligated to take them in.  No other rescue would take them, and Sunday Sheryl had a tie to them as she was feeding the cats at that location at one point this past summer.  These kittens are five weeks old and the fluffiest things you've ever seen.  Their pics and names will be revealed soon.


I was readying the house for daytime - opening the curtains, turning off the front light outside - when I stepped in something.  I looked down in the somewhat darkness - the only light coming from the television, and it looked like one of the cats had puked - again.  I hobbled to the kitchen to wash it off, and as I damped the paper towel against the bottom of my stocking, I saw RED.  I went back to the location, with paper towels, and turned on the lights.  HUGE piles of something very red, with stuff in it.  I couldn't believe my eyes.  I immediately did a count in my head of the cats, and who I hadn't seen, and who I had seen, and how were they acting.  No, everyone was accounted for, and everyone seemed ok.  Mary Jane has a sort of dementia I would call it, Buster has lost some weight, but she is old, Scooter is sleeping a bit more than usual, but he is old, Baylee has lost weight, but still eating good, and hanging by my side as much as he can, the kittens seem fine, Brady, Skinny Minnie, Daisy, Rufus, Midnight, George, Cookie has had a suspected URI which I've been treating for past five mornings, and she is looking much better, Vanessa seems ok, Butterscotch - the feral kitten that has turned into the feral adult now, still hiding in my basement when I am up and around, but I can still peek at him and say hello from the top of the stairs each morning, he seems OK, so I don't know who did this.  I then thought, could that be blueberries in the mix?  That would explain the color.  I went to find the blueberries I had in the fridge, and there they were.  So that wasn't it.  It was alarming to say the least.  I pray all my babies are ok, but it looked like someone had thrown up their lungs... 

Must get to work.   Have a nice day.

"Dear God, protect and bless all beings that breathe, keep all evil from them, and let them sleep in peace. Amen."

1 comment:

  1. Eewww! Hope you can figure out which cat puked that up. Poor thing is obviously not well. Baylee maybe since he's got that hole in his throat? :(

    ReplyDelete