Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Gotcha!

Yesterday didn't start out well.  I wondered why my alarm didn't go off on my cell phone at 3:15 a.m. (I had already been awake since 2:45, but I set it JUST IN CASE).  It was dead.  No cell, no text messages.  What would we do without our cellies?  Well, we survive, barely.  :)  Then my car was dropped off at Goodyear due to the very loud muffler sound, and I received the diagnosis that morning of a certain pipe underneath that costs $500 and with labor, would be $600.  I just finished paying them $600 for brake lines earlier in July.  I asked them to see about patching it up, which they said they could try, and it cost me $40.  My car is 10 years old.  Its now patching up time.  I can't afford a monthly $200+ car payment.  Pretty sad, but its true.  New cell is on its way, after I filed ANOTHER insurance claim on it.  Its a junky cell phone. The cheapest you can get, almost.  $25 deductible.  Uggh.






CLICK ON THE PICS TO VIEW UP CLOSE

Well look who I snatched up this morning?  I stopped, as I always do, at Niagara JUST TO CHECK ON THE WATER and to try to make nice with the white momma kitty who had three white and one black kittens in the springtime.  Its not one of my regular spots, but the girl that cares for them here doesn't come every day, and the raccoons get to the water and food and they have nothing until she returns, so I try my best to go there.  This mommy is pregnant again, or at least she looks and feels like it.  She came up to me when I was placing some wet food down for her, coaxing her, and I had the carrier waiting for her standing up just a few feet away.  I had one appointment for TNR for tomorrow, Thursday, so I said, let me get her, and WHAM!  Got her.  She is scared to death in my bathroom, but safe, and won't be having any more babies.  She is gorgeous, very dirty, but gorgeous.  She has one blue eye, and one gold.  I feel terrible taking her away from her babies for two whole days, but it has to be done.  Besides, I've only seen one white and one black kitten.  Have no idea what happened to the other two white kittens.  So sad.

It was heartbreaking to drop Markie, the big red male on Melville, and Trixie back off at Third and Central this morning after I had them neutered and spayed yesterday.  Trixie still had milk in her ducts, and not sure where her babies are.  She was barely a year old.  She followed my truck when I slowly drove away.  I felt like I was abandoning a cat.  In reality, I was, but who can take her?  I still have Skinny Minnie in my house as an extra.  On Friday evening, when I had a bunch of girls over for wine (anyone was welcome!), one of the girls told me she would consider taking her if I could keep her over the weekend, but turns out she changed her mind due to 'unforeseen circumstances.'  So I am 'stuck' with Skinny Minnie until I can find her a home.  Its so unfair, having to turn loose these animals back to the streets.  They don't deserve it.  They deserve homes.  Somewhere to be safe, fed and loved.  this is why its so important to TNR, so that we aren't allowing these animals to reproduce and reproduce.  Our goal is to reduce the suffering by reducing the population.  That's why I could slap that Brenda.  She is the reason I do what I do.  She allows her cat to continue to have kittens.  There ought to be a law.



I am excited for my garden plot on the lot on Pennsylvania near Fourth.  I left a note for Julio, giving him fair warning that I received the permit and would begin planning on Sunday.  I enlisted the help of a few friends, and I will stake out where the garden will go in this lot.  I am sure it will be pretty once its all done.  My aim is to keep these cats that have established their home here safe and fed and sheltered through the harsh weather.  Their huts will be barely visible from the street, and hopefully designed well enough that they wouldn't be an eyesore even without a garden hiding it.  The next obstacle is for Tim to know.  He is the monster that destroyed the other shelters there on Sunday morning.  JERK.  I wonder how he will react.

Thats it for today.  Just the usual spiel.  Have a good one.

"Never give up. There is no such thing as an ending – 
just a new beginning."



1 comment:

  1. Hey Janine! Great job on the TNR, the permit and making your little corner of the world a better place. If everyone did just one percent of what you do, HUGE benefits would be gained. I know how hard this us for you - and yet I know doing nothing would be even harder - so you are truly driven to do what you do. I hope that eventually Julio and the other guy will come around and see that what you are doing is GOOD and that they were wrong. I will pray that they see the truth - I think maybe they will in time. Bless you, wonderful lady!!!!

    ReplyDelete