Thursday, July 9, 2015

Fake It Til You Make It!

I've had some issues at work lately, and I am very down about it.  But as I always say, its a new day, and I WILL put a big smile on my face.  Or half of one.  :(

As far as updates on Barney, he is doing FAB.  His issues he was having with howling, and elimination problems are gone, after being treated for a UTI, and now he is one happy boy.  He is loved and adored, off the street (Niagara) and in a loving family home.  Check out his pic!


Teddy, our sweet little boy that I rescued two years or so ago off Parsells, who's owner wanted to surrender him after a year because he was having little box problems, is doing much better after a trip to the vet, and new food.


My morning, however, was not so great.  The first place I stop at on Melville, someone removed the bowls there that feed these starving cats each morning.  I had to move down a bit and place them this morning. 

At my Parsells location, behind this guys house, there was a family of raccoons that scrambled up the telephone pole as I worked my way to the back of the lot in the dark, waiting for me to leave.  Petey, Paulie, a black cat and a long haired young tabby that has had babies recently had to hurry to eat the food I left before these coons come down from the pole.  They won't have another meal until tomorrow morning when I arrive.

All other locations were as normal - I did not see hernia kitty on Ferndale and Webster, but there is a sweet black cat that is so loving with me, I would love to get him out of there.  There are still five or so kittens on 7th that I am desperately asking for help in trying to trap them so that they can be socialized and adopted out.  I am not going to Niagara anymore where there were three pure white and one black kitten.  I just can't do all of this myself.  I am trusting my friend is caring for this colony.


6 pm. Wednesday -  I received a phone call from Crazy Maryleigh's neighbor Mary.  I had given her my card a week or so ago, when she started to tell me stories about what was going on around the corner on her street with M and the cats over there.  See past posts.  I called the Humane Society to get someone to go over to investigate, and they told me that there was an ongoing investigation already.  I asked to leave a message for the officer.  I did, asked him to call back, he never did.  This was early last week.  Mary told me on the phone that she suspects that there are kittens buried in the lot next door to her, asked me to bring her a shovel as she didn't have one.  I tried to calm her down, and told her I would leave one the next morning.  She called me back to tell me she couldn't wait and dug with her hands, she was crying and said she finally found the proof, there were dead kittens in these bags she dug up.  I called 911, and then went over to talk to them when they arrived, and to see for myself. 

The first thing I noticed when I pulled up there was the smell.  It smelled like dead animals on this short dead end street.  She brought me over to the back of the lot and sure enough, there was something very dead in these bags.  We went back to the road, waiting for police, and a neighbor came over, a very sane woman Charlene.  I know that this Mary is a drug addict, along with her husband and son, so there is sickness there too, but she is not insane.  She was sober at the time when we stood there talking and waiting.  While I stood there, I counted 14 cats, all in front of Mary's house.  I brought food over and poured it on the ground, they all came running, starving.  As I stood there, I saw that they were very sickly looking.  I had Charlene take a picture of some of them with her phone, above.  I know Mary, Crazy Maryleigh's neighbor, is known to the police as a crackhead, but she is very aware of what is going on.  WE waited and waited, and I had to go home to bed, by now it was 7:30.  I left my number with this other woman Charlene to call me when the police arrived.  She did, and it was 9 pm.  I was already asleep, and apparently they left at 9:14 pm.

This morning:  I drove down CM's street to place food down for these cats again, and there was CM, running toward me with her pink flashlight trying to touch my skin with it, I believe it could be a taser gun, and I did report it the other day to police but she still has this 'weapon'.

Something is very wrong with our city where this kind of insanity is still going on.  No follow up from Humane Society, and Mary is still running around with a taser.  We need to get her out of there, and get these cats out of there, no matter where they go.  They are suffering.  I just don't know what to do about this.

Hi Ho, off to work I go.


Have a good day All.

"Evil (ignorance) is like a shadow--it has no real substance of its own, it is simply a lack of light. You cannot cause a shadow to disappear by trying to fight it, stamp on it, by railing against it, or any other form of emotional or physical resistance. In order to cause a shadow to disappear, you must shine light on it."               


  1. What's the address of this whacko? Or the street name? I will call the Animal Cruelty line at 585-223-6500 myself and let them know about what transpired last night AND has been going on. I encourage your readers to do the same! If someone doesn't want to call, the email address of the Director of Law Enforcement (Reno DiDomenico) is

  2. SO GLAD to hear that Barney and Teddy are doing well! With all the sadness & frustration you deal with every day, it's good to know there are still a few bright spots. Keeping you in my prayers every day. Kathy

  3. Oh my gosh! I'll take the address of the crazy lady as well and e-mail/call Lollipop! Something has to change!

  4. She's a menace to society and needs to be locked up in a mental ward or a prison. At least you know a couple of her neighbors are on your side.