Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Sexy Sadie

Four cats going into the clinic this morning.  All unconfirmed sexes.  But all must be spayed and neutered.  I ran into Brenda on Second Street this morning, she asked me if I had spare cat food.  She is the daughter of Sherelle on 5th and Central, the woman that I had to pay to take the puppies from her due to neglect.  She is also the woman that has had multiple cats over the span of the years I've been feeding in the lot next door.  I have rescued I think, at least 10 cats and kittens from here.  Brenda is the mother of Chris, who has some mental issues, but a sweet guy nonetheless.  They all live in near poverty, but have always been decent to me, so I try to do what I can for them.  I told Brenda I would vet the cat she has that JUST HAD BABIES.  Actually, she said only one survived.  I told her that we need to get this cat spayed so that it can't have any more babies.  I tried to explain the statistics of shelters and kittens, but she didn't seem to understand.  Nevertheless, I will drop some food and litter off to her (she asked for litter also) with a note for her to call me about getting this cat done next week.




This poor cat I have in the bathroom, I've named IT Sweet Pete (I have no clue what sex it is, very hard to tell with this one!), with legs and a tail that go on forever, has a very bad wound on his head.  Very deep. I think IT also has a very bad upper respiratory issue.  I can't imagine the pain IT is in, but they say that cats can mask their pain, and he (or she) is doing a very good job at that.  He wants to be held, he will sit on your lap forever.  And he will eat forever.  He was very very hungry yesterday, and this morning.  I told him he had to go to the doctor, and could eat when he got back.

Sadie from Seventh





The other cat I trapped this morning is from 7th Street.  Named it Sadie.  Sadie from Seventh.  I tried to get what I suspect is the pregnant kitten that was born last spring.  I still call it a kitten.  But instead I got a long medium haired black kitty that I've never seen.  It just couldn't resist the tuna inside.  Very hard to get a picture of it this morning.  :(

There are so many more spots to do.  Niagara, there are two I just saw this morning not eartipped, and one is suspected pregnant.  There are at least five kitties to be done on Ferndale and Webster.  There are at least three on Parsells.  There are at least three on Garson.  I could go on and on, but you can see the need for TNR.  And you can see the need I have for help with vetting these animals.  Please consider donating to the clinic, under my name.  I need all the help I can get.

Thanks so much for reading, and have a great day!

"This is my simple religion.  There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy.  Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness."

2 comments:

  1. Well done girl ! You are becoming an expert at Trapping, I know you don't love it though...let me tell you, your work and comsistant dedication to TNR does not go in noticed, any one who does what you do, for no reason other than the welfare of these cats that have been let down by some human at some point, will be remembered , and held dear to many, I know I can trust you with my life. "How you do anything, is how you do everything".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure who wrote the above comment, but I'll 2nd it. -carol

    ReplyDelete