Friday, April 3, 2015

Bunny

Random photo - I just liked it.
I've been going through some changes at work recently.  Its hard - change is.  I get so caught up in a moment that I lose my sanity.  I really do.  I go home absolutely miserable, and just want to crawl in a hole and die.  Then I can' t stop thinking about it, the dread I feel, the hopelessness, the constant feeling like you will lose your job if you don't shut up and just conform.  Then you even dream about it - you just can't get away from the feelings.  So this morning, as I do every time this happens, I made a decision to just put a smile on my face, and go with the flow.  That's all I can do.  Or I could let it wreck my day, wreck my weekend, wreck whatever small amounts of happiness that one can gain in a day.  So I have a new attitude to just go with the flow.

BUNNY

This morning the little momma was out again on Parsells.  I've named her Bunny in lieu of Easter this Sunday.  She was sitting in the driveway of where I suspect is either her kittens - inside an enclosed porch there.  She ran to me, and this time started to brush against my legs, and do little rolls on the ground.  She is for sure my next rescue, but I need to find her babies. Thanks Carole and Julie for your suggestions.  I will try to pick her up and really look at her belly.  She does allow me to pick her up, but its so dark out there, and I don't want to scare her.

Scooter - looking quite dapper this morning
The raccoons are fattening up - I remember seeing my first one maybe a month ago, and it was a skinny one.  They are surely fattening up on something, most likely the cat food I place.  But all the kitties were out in full force this morning, waiting, and hungry for breakfast.

There is a spot near where I feed that is inundated with cats, and this is NOT one of my spots.  It was brought to my attention recently - I have a friend who feeds there every other day, but is not TNR'g this ever growing population.  I am not happy about this, I consider it irresponsible, whatever the reason is.  I cannot believe the amount of cats there.  I feel hopeless about the situation, but know I must do something.  I really wish I had some help.  Its hard to do it alone.  I can't manage more than two kitties at a time - not to mention the expense. I may try next week to get two, and see how it goes from there.

Some of my crew

Its Friday, thank God - I wish you all a great day, and please wish me luck.  And maybe throw in a prayer.  I need all the help I can get.  Thanks for reading, and please consider fostering and adoption!

"I have looked into the eyes of many animals.  Each time I get a special feeling, a feeling quite different from human eye contact.  It is a unique feeling.  It touches my heart and effects my soul."

5 comments:

  1. Janine in your crew I see a gorilla. New family member?? Julie ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter weekend. We have bunnies in our yard we kinda foster! They love carrots with the tops on. I, too have put up with much work change in the past 3-4 years and it doesn't get any easier, all you can do is try to put on a happy face. We cannot control what goes on around us, just how we react to it. Will add you to my prayers....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janine - have you read the book "Who Moved my Cheese?" About change in the workplace? I have 2 books that are pretty entertaining that you can borrow if you'd like. I wonder where all the new kitties came from? Unfortunately it sounds like there are more irresponsible people out there :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. How funny you mention that book I read it and watched the film at work years ago and yesterday told my boss I feel like someone is trying to move my cheese and I don't like it :) Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah wild bunnies, I love them ! they also love to eat rose petals, i scatter them in our woods for them. Of course, the biggest hurdle for you Janine, is getting another person on your feeding route, the saying "All gave some, some gave all " is about you ! I can supply the accomodation if you ever get the chance to take a break. Ive talked with my hubby many times about doing just one day a week for you, he says "Do you know that area where Janine Feeds ? there would be no wheels left on the car when you got back to it " hang in there my dear friend, there must be a way,, we just havnt thought of it yet..........oxoxox

    ReplyDelete