Thursday, April 23, 2015

Snowflakes!

(Remember to click on the pictures to view them larger)

Yes, when I left the house at 4:15 am. this morning, April 23rd, it was 32 degrees and snowing. 

PRINCESS!

Her colors are stunning!



First off, the little Princess is still in my bathroom, safe and sound.  She is the most sweetest kitty I've met.  She just wants to be picked up like a child would with its arms outstretched up to you, and held.  Her guardian angel wrote me yesterday to say she would foster her - the same angel who adopted Abby and Candy (now Greta).  She was brought in for testing and is FeLV free.  Her surgery scar looks good, I brushed her with the Furminator - she is shedding like mad, and I've removed the carrier from the bathroom so that she is out in the open now, of course with piles of blankets for her to cuddle up in.   I visit her as often as I can.  Who doesn't want a cuddle from a soft furry purring little kitty.  She will go to her new home Friday.  I will miss her, but it frees up this space... - just in case!

I am off tomorrow, thank God.  I love three day weekends. It frees up an entire day for me when I am able to do the mundane chores that I usually do on a Saturday, and gives me an entire free day.  I do have so much scheduled tomorrow though, its not even funny. (where did that saying come from?)

I brought my camera out with me and used it until the dang thing went dead - needed recharging.  I HATE the camera I have, but I have no other, so I have to make the best of it.  It takes the worst pictures, and can only take them using the flash.  Otherwise, they are blurry.  Maybe its the settings that I just don't know how to tweek.

Question:  Does anyone know how to fix traps?  I have a brand new one - from last year - and the arm on the side has come off.  The piece that actually holds the door open.  I would love to have this fixed.  It was an expensive trap.  Its also roomier for the kitties that have to spend the night in them.  The two I have now are older and smaller.  But again, they are all I have so I am grateful!

My shelters:

This little boy is at my first stop on Parsells.  I've been feeding him for years, and for months now, he has allowed me to pet him.  In fact, he longs for me to pet him.  He runs to me when I pull up each day.  He would love to find a someone to love him permanently.


Here is a kitten about a year old, I have yet to fix him/her or its sibling.  Its been allowing me to get closer and closer.  In fact, when I looked at it this morning, it looked pregnant.  Everyone looks pregnant to me these days.   But I think this one is.  I fixed its sibling last year, a little calico - maybe at eight months old, and it bit me through the cage.  I've never seen it since I had to let it back out the next morning.  This is why its TNR can be heartbreaking.  The R part.

on 2nd look, this little one does look pregnant

Baldwin - Ginger.   Sweet sweet boy.  He would love a home too.



Ginger and his pals.



A new little guy on Baldwin I spotted this morning.  Under the bench.  Had to put food there for him.  I think he was scared to go where the big boys were eating above.


A new Little Red on Webster and Ferndale.  He allows getting only so close then runs.  Right behind him are four more scaredy cats.  I can count them because of his eyes.  That includes Sylvester to the left.  All unneutered/unspayed.


Buttons on Short.  I love this baby.  I wish I could find a home for him.  He pals around with Mr. Whiskers. They have adjusted to their new shelter just a field away from their old one.  Milly was there this morning.  I know she misses Morgan, who I found deceased inside the shelter one morning this past winter..


The new shelter Kristin and I moved from Sixth to Short.


Central and Fifth.  A white kitty with black spots - actually have seen a variety of cats here, but not a conglomeration of them.  Sporadic sightings here lately.  These boards are the kind of boards I need.


Central and Fifth:  Where my poor Chico was found, barely alive, inside the styrofoam container.




That's it for me for now.  Please spread the word about all these kitties out there that need homes.  Jelly and Elvis too.  Must get some good updated pictures of them!

Have a great day!

"How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and the strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these. "

1 comment:

  1. They are all beautiful Janine, so, so, many for you to feed.....it seems impossible for just one to provide food and some comfort to these creatures, , the big animal rescues get food and money donated to the tune of 100's of thousands, surely some of them have a person somewhere, that will feed them ? Although, the old "they won't kill mice if you feed them" nonsense belief, is alive and well, I am sorry to say.

    ReplyDelete