Thursday, April 9, 2015

Peepers!



Jeepers creepers, where'd you get those peepers!  Meet Peepers.  As I drove to my first stop this morning on Parsells, I slowly began to pass the spot where I've seen the white kitty that I suspected had kittens, but haven't seen in a few days.  And if you remember, a few weeks back, I fed a black and white kitty that I discovered was female, but wasn't pregnant yet (or didn't appear to be) but hadn't been seen since then.  Well, there she was, along with the OTHER white with black spots kitty.  Not the one I suspect already had kittens.  The more shy one, that won't let me get too close.  I got out and began to fill the bowls that were already there, but very soggy (they are paper bowls) due to the deluge of rain that came down yesterday.  Peepers, as she is aptly named because of her big round eyes, came right up to me, and I was able to feel her belly, full and round.  I snatched her right up and placed her in my carrier, where she stayed until I finished up my rounds and let her out at home in the bathroom.  She is frightened, but not a mean or skittish bone in her body.  And she is definitely pregnant.  And she is either just under, or just a year old.  A kid herself.




Unfortunately, or fortunately, it depends on how you look at it, she will be one of the two I bring in tomorrow for spaying/neutering.  The hardest part for me will be to put her back on the street.  She is a sweet little girl.  You can roll her over on her back and she just takes it.  I had her in my lap upside down, and she just takes it.  What a lover.  Anyone want to foster until we can get her adopted?  Please speak up now!




If she were to be able to give birth to her babies, it would just add to the overpopulation of cats we have right now.  The kittens that become available for adoption will replace the kittens that will be euthanized that same day in a shelter.  We just can't have that.  Of course, if someone were to step up to the plate and offer to take them, and be responsible enough to get each one spayed and neutered BEFORE they are adopted, I wouldn't be able to turn that down either.

So, therefore, it is what it is.  Please spread the word, and please consider foster and/or adoption.  And for God's sake, please SPAY and NEUTER your pets.

Have a nice day.

"Life is a dream for the wise, 
a game for the fool, 
a comedy for the rich, 
a tragedy for the poor."

3 comments:

  1. Gosh Janine, good work on getting preggers muma caught ! What a dilemma......any idea how far gone she is ? Like, is it any day now ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Janine! Good work! Kitten/TNR season has officially begun and once again, there you are, stepping up to the plate as soon as the situation presents itself. This city is so lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beauty she is! I love tuxies and their pink noses! She'll have no trouble finding a home. So glad you caught her and that rescue is taking her!

    ReplyDelete