Tuesday, April 21, 2015

TNR Tuesday

Well, meet Sweet and Sour.

I decided to try my hand today at the Parsells location where Peepers was rescued recently from (and is currently expecting babies any day now at a foster's home!)  I knew there were many new faces at this location, where I've begun to put food down under a tree there next to the road, because they are hungry!  (No, I do NOT need to add a new spot! - and besides, there is no where for me to build a shelter for them!).  I set the trap with some nice smelling tuna, and drove off to do my first and second spots just up the road.  When I came back, Voila!  Sour was in the trap!  After much hissing, I secured him in the back, set the second trap, and drove off to do No. 3 & 4 spots.  I went back quickly, as I don't like to leave the traps unattended, you just never know, and Voila!  There was Sweet.

Poor little girl had quite the 'accident' in the trap, on the newspaper.   So when I got home, I opened the end just a little bit to remove the soiled paper, and out it came, scraping my hand along the way.  GROSS.  I still can't get rid of the smell.  Poor thing.

I have named them Sweet and Sour because of their temperament.  I think Sweet is sweet, and probably would make a wonderful companion for someone.  Sour is sort of feral, or else just plain grumpy.  Nevertheless, I will have to return both to their location tomorrow morning after they rest on my porch from their surgeries today.  Stay tuned to find out their sex for sure, and if they/ she was pregnant. Both lovely cats, but Sweet is GORGEOUS.  The colors on her are unbelievable.  Such a pretty calico girl.  It will break my heart to return them tomorrow.


Sour Puss


SWEET



So it was a mild morning today, after we had severe weather last evening with the wind and rain.  I didn't hear thunder and lightening but it wouldn't have surprised me.  At one point the rain came down so hard I thought my roof (new) would collapse!  I had a lot of wet towels this morning to replace with dry ones.

One thing - I rarely make requests - only for foster and adoption!  But I could use 4 2'x4' pieces of wood if anyone can get them.  I need them for a few of my shelters that are falling apart.  I also need paper bowls. And of course I always need food, and money for the spay/neuters.   I DO NOT NEED towels, blankets or shelters at the moment.

Tomorrow, I will give brief descriptions of the locations I feed at, and who is out there needing our help.  I do know there is a very pregnant girl on Central and Third.  I pray she gets trapped this weekend, and we can get her in on Tuesday at the clinic.  I also pray she doesn't have her babies beforehand.  There is also a sweet boy on Parsells, who looks just like my George - and Sawyer who was recently adopted.  He is an intact male, and a sweetie boy.  I need to find him a home.  I hate the thought of putting him back out there also. He hangs with Petey and Pauley and the black kitty.

Thats all I got! Make it a great day!

"Dream as you will live forever, live as you will die today."
.


5 comments:

  1. Hey Janine! We have 3 doors for you - would they work in place of the 2'x4' pieces of wood? if not, let me know and I will see if I can just get plywood. Great job an the trapping today. I wish I knew someone who could foster Sweet. I am going to send out an email.... Finally - did Peepers have her babies yet? I can't wait to hear how she is doing. xoxo - Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where exactly do you get "paper bowls"???? Not sure what they look like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. almost any store has them in the paper products aisle. From Wegmans, Tops, dollar-type stores.

      Delete
  3. They both beautifully co.lured kitty's ! Will get Andrew onto the paper bowls should be some left over at his work place, and don't forget, I can give you one holding place for a kitty waiting for surgery, I know you need many more....how about a face book auction to,raise funds, or do you have to be a tax exempt or something to,do that ? Silent auction at your fund raiser ? But that is a long way off when you are paying for de sex, NOW. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like small paper bowls for salad and things???

    ReplyDelete