Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Tuesdays News

Frigid out there, but for the first time in a long time, it seems, it was the easiest morning for me.  Despite it being what...  -9 degrees?  (thats MINUS), there was no new snowfall.  I was very startled at my Garson spot today - as I walked up to the very long path to the back of this property where I have shelters set up, where I recently rescued Gemma, and Tigger prior to that, I noticed some footsteps that were not familiar.  I noticed that they were that of a giant, or had to be, and that they made a nice smooth path for me all the way to the back.  I thought for sure that when I got to the back, something would be wrong.  But nothing was touched.  Just the pathway.  I figured it either had to be a)a neighbor curious to see where the footprints led up to, b) the landowner wanting to know whats going on with his property, or c) someone nice trying to help me.  I figure it probably wasn't (c), although a year ago, I remember someone shoveled a path for me on Baldwin.  Again, I never found out who that was, nor have I found out who sent me those beautiful flowers last week - oh yea, they were from the cats.  Meow Meow.  :)

I did not see the beautiful tortie I saw on Parsells yesterday, but I did see Paulie there.  No sign of Petey though in weeks.  Very worried about that pretty boy.  Saw many kitties in their shelters.  They really are cold out there.  My heart breaks for each and every one of them.  There is no let up for us in sight for this cold snap we are having.  Onto some good stuff:

From Felicity, who adopted Peanut Butter (now Ben):

Peanut Butter, just two months ago
"I am thinking of you so much because of the amount of snow you & the cats have to deal with! Ben is a very playful cat. that is what he loves to do. And, oh yes, he runs all over the house. He follows me every where it seems, & he always wants me to go down into the basement where his food & litter are, & then he starttonis to eat. He is funny like that. I also feed him some in the kitchen. He like his food, but have to be careful about feeding him too much, but it isn’t easy to do! He doesn’t seem to crave the wet food which Gerry has been giving Smoky who doesn’t use the shelter we put up. maybe it is too near the house. But he doesn’t run away now when we open up the door to put his food out. Sometimes Ben sleeps on the floor in our bedroom but still not sure where he usually sleeps at night. He is not a cuddler or a lap cat, but that is okay. I am in love with him, oh yes!! His fur is the same. His back legs remind us of a rabbit’s legs. He is just a little different. He LOVES to run after string better than a string with a mouse on the end.
  I agree that these snow plough guys seem to be a bunch of jerks. One ran into my daughter’s car when he was doing someone’s driveway last year. she was driving past. I know they have a job to do, & probably many of them but that is no excuse. They think they take precedence! I’m sorry your day started horrible. Anyway, more than usual. Thank you for giving up part of your life for these animals. You really ROCK!!"

From Tigger's new mom (who is doing very well by the way):

"Here is a couple more cute pics of Tigger I took over the weekend. I could not resist as his eyes matched the blanket. I am not obsessed at all with him as you can see…haha .  He is doing great - he and Webster almost kissed this morning, they were nose to nose and no one smacked the other over the head for the first time….so making progress J




And from Charlie and Sweet Pea's mom:

"That's Charlie sleeping on my feet and Sweet Pea sleeping next to them. My feet are finally warm without the heating pad"



From Sawyer's new mom:

"Sawyer(Elvis, Rico.....not sure what to settle on)..I called him Sqeakers this morning bec. he has a delightful little squeaky meow and "chirp". He's WONDERFUL. He usually in the same room where ever I go! I am surprised he is not on the perch by my front window enjoying the sun. But, he's on the bed here in the office. He sleeps near me....prob. most of the night. I am a sound sleeper so I don't realize if he moves. Plus, I have a CPAP machine that has a soft yet 'white noise' sound, so I don't hear some things. I have not given the ear med yet today(I skipped y'day as you said I could)...I am dreading trying to harass him! I have asked Laurie if she'd come over on her way home to help! I have seen NO itching at all. I repeat, he's WONDERFUL. THANK YOU!"

Brady with Sawyer/Elvis/Rico (Brady and his family adopted Harold two years ago from me!)


All good stuff!  

Have a great day!

"Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, it empties today of its strengths."

3 comments:

  1. Do you need any more straw for the shelters?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff Janine, love that photo of Rico with that handsome young lad too. Maybe you will see that little kitty tomorrow ? hope so xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. And here I was so afraid to read your blog today...all I could think of was the bad stuff that can happen when it is so cold. Thanks for such an uplifting post. -carol

    ReplyDelete