Thursday, February 26, 2015

Thats All She Wrote!

11 degrees, trace of snow.  

Kitties were out in full swing.  I am now petting, and scratching and talking to the first fluffy boy on Parsells (gotta come up with a cute name for him) - he is the one I had altered last spring - thought he was a girl he is so pretty!  My hesitation in rescuing him is that his pal is just under a year old.  His little buddy, semi feral, won't get near me, but you can tell he loves his older 'brother'.  I would hate to leave the little one alone there, although there is an orange cat that also hangs there.  I don't think he is the 'motherly' type though. 

There is also one cat on Sixth - very shy - but he will allow me to pick up and scratch for a few minutes.  He is a love, so sweet, and I've been feeding him for a couple of years now also.  I've had many problems at this location, and in fact the boarded up house that is in front of the shelters - someone broke in (actually probably just opened the door) and the door is wide open this morning.  I hate to see this thinking an animal will get in, someone will come along and close the door, and the animal will be trapped.  I have closed the door myself in the past, and would have probably done it this morning (I did not see cat tracks in the snow leading up to it), but the snow is so deep.  Whoever opened it had to go through some deep snow to get to the door.   There is glass all over and God knows what else inside.  The reason I close the door is so that the City, or whoever owns it, does not come prowling around and finding my shelter.  They tore it down in the fall when I had it on the adjoining property.  And they took my plastic totes and never returned them, even after I left them a note, knowing they were going to come back, which they did, but didn't return the totes.

That's all I have today.  I have lost my mojo, my inspiration.  Don't worry, it will come back, but its just not there today, nor was it yesterday, and it may not be tomorrow.  Its been a long week for me, both in doing this each day, and going to work each day.  I need a day off I think.  And soon. 

I leave you with pictures of cats I've rescued over the years - even though they are the same color - they are all different.  This is just a small portion of the literally hundreds of cats I've rescued over the past 15 years! And that includes pregnant kitties and their little babies!  :)









































 Have a GREAT day!




"Rescue animals aren't broken, they've simply experienced more life than other animals.  If they were human, we would call them wise.  They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write, the ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage.  Don't pity them.  Do something.  Help to rescue.  Donate.  Volunteer.  Foster. Adopt.  And be proud to have their greatness by your side."

3 comments:

  1. Aw I recognize many of those mommies I fostered ❤️ Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry - we all have down days! Your mojo will come back soon. I love the quote "this too shall pass."

    ReplyDelete