Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The Daily Report


Flowers from my garden.  Yes, spring is just around the corner!  
Keep the faith!  :)






Heat wave out there.  10 degrees.  It wasn't bad, really.  I had a Democrat & Chronicle news reporter follow me around this morning.  She is sweet sweet sweet.  I felt so comfortable around her when she came over and interviewed me several weeks ago.  This time, it felt like we were old pals.  She was a bit out of it as it was 4 a.m., and she is not used to getting up at that hour and being somewhere.  She went by my street at least twice trying to find the house, even as I was in bright light on my porch trying to wave her down.  Oh well, some of us are morning people, some of us aren't!  :)

I gave her a run down of each spot I stop at.  Let me count......  ok 14 or 15, depending on how you look at it.  One spot I feed directly across from each other because of Fluffypants, who was very territorial, until he was rescued last week!  I had to give her the information of how much food I go through each day - 18-20 pounds of dry food, a case (30 regular sized cans) of wet food, and I fill four large jugs of hot water to bring with me.  I see an average of 3 cats per spot.  Some have more, some less.  On average its about 50 cats that I do see.  In the winter, sometimes I see fewer, but thats because they are hiding somewhere trying to find warmth, whether thats in a shelter I've built, or a heat vent from a house, or neither.  Some don't have anywhere to go.  I told her that in the springtime, when the weather is better, I will begin my TNR'g again (trap neuter return).  There are many that need to be done now, despite the what...  70+ I did last year?

Lauren got a good view of what I do every single day.  The cats were out, she got some really good shots. We 'wrapped' it up just before 6 am.  We had a late start because of her getting lost, and then just before I walked out the door, my bag, that holds at least 50 pounds of water and wet food, broke.  It dropped on the floor of my porch and the wet food containers all opened and spilled.  Great.  What a way to start.   The story should be in the paper "within a week."

There was a small black unneutered male kitty at the Short Street shelter - I told Lauren if she weren't there, I would grab him.  There was too much going on, and its hard for me to rescue a cat if I don't have plans for it - a foster, or adopter.  But I am going to get him regardless tomorrow, pray he is there. 

GEMMA!
Update on Gemma from her new mom:

"Nice to hear from you! Gemma is doing very well and is loving life. She is very spoiled and fits right in. She is no longer shy and runs our lives when we are home :) I love her so much she is the sweetest cat every and sleeps with me and my husband every night (thats if shes sleeping tho lol, some nights shes up running around like a mad woman). Shes just the greatest, again i cant thank you enough :) she is my four legged BFF"

All in all, a quiet morning!  Now time to get to work!

Have a great day everyone!

7 Steps to Happiness:

Think less, Feel More
Frown Less, Smile More
Talk Less, Listen More
Judge Less, Accept More
Watch Less, Do More
Complain Less, Appreciate More

3 comments:

  1. I hope the reporter looks at your blog to see all the comments from everyone RAVING about their new kitties!!! So many happy stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the flowers today!! Needed it.

    ReplyDelete