Monday, January 19, 2015

Monday



Just some updates this morning.

Tigger is doing a tiny bit better, but still a worry.  His mom will make the decision to get him back to the vet today or tomorrow if its needed.  His ailment is very puzzling.  He was given antibiotic shot last week when he went to the vet, and will have a urine analysis done today.

I finally got word from the woman and her young son who adopted Boris, after his prior owners had to givve him up due to issues with their other cats - I had been worried because I hadn't heard from her, but I think I can finally stop checking up on him.  They renamed him Greyling:  "Greyling is doing great! He is right here next to me right now,  sleeping with one paw on me.  He follows us everywhere. He is extremely active and he gets into everything!  He even chewed on Sol's homework a few times. 

I'm not sure I can get him to slim down. He often rips into his food bag even if his bowl is full and he's always trying to steal people food.  We don't buy treats for him anymore because he will get into the cupboard,  take the bag,  chew it open, and eat the whole bag at once. " 

I have been medicating the buff red cat on Baldwin for the past three mornings with Doxycycline - I put the pill in wet food just for him, just a tiny amount, and watch him eat it up.  He actually sounds better!

Hayden is doing great in his new foster home.  Since he is in foster, its been offered again by my friend that she will take in another - because she actually has someone interested in a long haired black cat, which is exactly what Tippy Toes is!  Unfortunately, Tippy Toes has not been seen the past two mornings, which is always concerning, but I pray he will be there tomorrow.  Its odd though, how he has been there for over a year now, just about every single morning, and now he decides to disappear.  It is very close to the street, Central Ave., where he hangs, so I pray that no misfortune has come to him.

I am keeping this short (or I intended it to be) because number one, sometimes I don't have anything interesting to say, and I feel like I am boring myself to death, let alone don't want to bore someone else to death! and  because I have a finger with a crack just next to the nail, due to dry, winter weather.  Its actually very painful, and it makes it hard to type!  Damn you Mr. Winter!

Jelly and Elvis are still with their foster mom, waiting for someone to give them a chance.  Please consider one of these sweet babes.

In the meantime, I am enjoying this mild, mid-30s weather, even though its causing me a lot of wet towels to be replaced!  I am sure its easy on the cats too.

Have a great day!

"Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness: kindness in your face, in your eyes, in your smile." If you approach life this way, always looking for ways to build instead of to tear down, you'll be amazed at how much happiness you can give to others and find for yourself” 

3 comments:

  1. More good news today, you and the kittys are on a roll ! lets keep it going by spreading the word about what Janine does for the kittys and any suggestions as to how more people can help with foste or donations, 2015 looks good to me 1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is not boring! I enjoy it daily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Tracy. Your blog is NEVER boring. About 1/2 the time it makes me cry! -carol

    ReplyDelete