Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Winter Blast



CHARLIE SR.

BABY MAMA on 7th


FLUFFY BLACK BOY on 7th

Well, at least 20 states were affected by the storm that hit yesterday, mine included, but I tell ya, if we could have snow 'storms' like this one every time, I would be a happy camper.  The snow came straight down, there was no wind, so no drifts, no cleaning out shelters that were covered with boards, no real shoveling to do out there this morning.  And it took me just over an hour, which is what I normally do on a good day.  We had about four or five inches over night, but the street and sidewalk plows did their job in the wee hours, so driving wasn't too bad.  Most of the kitties were waiting for me, I was so glad I could provide them with their breakfast in this winter wonderland that they were out in.  I saw many come out of the shelters that are placed for them, and some I wonder where they sleep even though they have shelter.   I saw my little grey guy from Garson at the new spot around the corner.  He is my next rescue.   I hope it comes soon.


RUBY
Right now though, I have to say goodbye to my little newly found friend Ruby.  I want to thank everyone who expressed their condolences.   It means the world to me to read comments from you.  You all have such good hearts.   I've been giving her extra special loving - today at 3:20 I will bring her in.  Its so hard to do because she is not showing signs of sickness.  I hold her, listen to her purring.  She has a nice little cozy blanketed bed on the windowsill that she sits at looking out at the crowded birdfeeder and birdbath.  She is my little angel sent from above.  This is going to be a tough one for me.  :(

I have the rest of the week off, and I am loving it.

I wish all of you a healthy and peaceful holiday.  I know for myself I am thankful for alot.  I am thankful for my friends, family, the job I have, a roof over my head, and being able to care for my own cats, and for the cats that are fortunate enough to have me feeding them out there, day after day, and rescuing as many as I can.

Happy Thanksgiving!
 
"The best & most beautiful things in life cannot be seen,
not touched, but are felt in the heart."

2 comments:

  1. Remember how many times Ruby went in the carrier and out the back until she finally let you get her? I think she was asking for your help but just a little unsure if it's what she really wanted. She made her choice knowing you would make the right one for her. Sweet dreams Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about you and Ruby all afternoon. So very sad for her, but now she's free and happier than she ever could be here on earth.

    I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving with your family. Over the river and through the woods to Grandmother's house we go, tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete