Friday, May 31, 2013

Quick Note

Day off today, lots of cleaning and running around - vet appointment for Earl too.  Its going to be a very hot day today - 91 and sunny - so getting my stuff done early.

I wanted to share that I picked up another dead cat this morning off Central.  The poor thing was still warm.  People around there just don't seem to care that they've taken a life, and they just go on their way.  I knew something was in the road as my car approached, and sure enough there she was.  I also saw a large truck just behind me, and cars behind that.  It is a narrow road so cars cannot pass.  I  wasn't going to let cars run over it over and over again, so I stopped in the road, got out quickly, put my hand up to the drivers behind me and grabbed a towel, and got the poor thing off the road.  After moving my car, getting back out to gently wrap her in an old towel, I drove her and disposed of her humanely.  My point of telling you this is please, never go past a dead animal that is in clear contact to be run over again and again.  Please do the right thing, always carry a towel, and at least remove it and place its body under something, in a safe place.  Maybe I sound crazy to most of you, but this poor animal's carcass deserves some common compassion after its innocent soul has left this earth and gone to heaven.

3 comments: