Thursday, February 28, 2013

Third Times A Charm!!!


Well, Banjo has been saved.  AFter his first two foster homes, who stuck it out with him only for one night - first home he was chasing cats - which most dogs do anyways - and second home he growled at the foster's other dogs - my friend Kristin put me in touch with a woman who works at her school, and who owns a farm out in Scottsville.  We spoke, and she said she owned over a hundred acres with a farm, livestock, chickens, etc.  She said she has older kids, and also a three year old.  She also had a dog.  I told her everything I knew about this dog and she said that she and her husband wanted to give Banjo a chance.  We drove him to the farm, and there was an immediate connection with everyone.  She called me last night to tell me that her dog Bailey, and Banjo, were running, jumping, playing and loving each other.   I nearly cried.  She sent me a video of the two dogs playing, but I can't get it to play.  As soon as I can figure out something, I will be sure to share.  In her words to me in an e-mail last night:  "I can't attach the video I made of Banjo wandering around his new home with his new best friend, Bailey.  It is telling me that the file is too big.  I will keep trying.  Maybe I can take a new one and send it from my iPod.  He seems to be adjusting very well.  Better than I expected, actually.  We've been doing some remodeling and it has actually worked out well that our new carpet isn't in yet.  That way we can get him all house broken beforehand.     I will e-mail you tomorrow and let you know how his night went.  At this point, we are thrilled!  I will keep trying with the video."

We have had to say goodbye to Banjo three times now, and I pray that this was the last.  Thank you to EVERYONE who scrambled with me to find him a home.  I will keep you posted on his progress as I get it.

On another great note, I wanted to share with you some good news about the kitties that I brought to Lollipop.  Here is what my friend at Lollipop had to say:  "Grady is up for adoption right now. You can check him out on the website!

Bully was up for adoption earlier today, but I noticed a wicked bite wound on his front foot and he gets really upset when we try to touch it. So I made him unavailable, and they are going to put him under and shave it tomorrow so they can clean and treat it.

Talkie was microchipped! Who knew?! The number connected is disconnected (like they usually are unfortunately...), so we have to send an abandonment letter and give the owners a few weeks to get back before she can be made adoptable. She's adjusting really well, though!

They really are sweethearts, and I really believe that you are doing what is best for them regardless of the outcome-- the streets are no place for these sweet kitties."



SADIE

On a third final note, I share with you the progress being made at the barn in Canandaigua of Stanley and Sadie, the two Parsells kitties I brought out last Sunday:  "Sadie is a lover, and a talker! Stanley is slowly coming around. He knows his name,and when I talk to him he gets up,,stretches,,and he actually came to the door! I have ran my hand down his back,and he was ok with it,but I respect his space. I am hoping to let them out soon. Sadie has been out,but I make her go back in,when I leave the barn."

I am happy to report some GOOD NEWS for a change!!!  Have a great day!!

"Pleasure is spread through the earth in stray gifts to be claimed by whoever shall find."

2 comments:

  1. You just made my day Janine, or rather the fabulous people who have added these animals to their homes so generously, have made my day an out standing one. God bless them. I knew Maryanne has a talent, with animals, so glad to have her with us :) much love to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO thrilled to see the great news about Banjo- sounds like the perfect home for him! Fingers and toes crossed! Just amazing how networking works!
    Glad that 3 of the cats at Lollypop are up for adoption (or on hold pending finding Talkie's owner, of course)- what happened with Sparkles? She was omitted from the report- is she still on 5 day hold?

    ReplyDelete