Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Out of Order

That is what another computer is basically saying when I try to login to my blog here.  So, my apologies for yesterday's lack of something new, although I hope you all read my Saturday post!

So many things happened over the weekend, and as usual, I failed to jot down, so out of sight, out of mind.  For sure. 

The most significant thing that happened yesterday was I got into work and an older co-worker asked if I could help place her daughter's dog, who had just bitten their baby.  Now this dog, a beagle I believe, is several years old, and was rescued from a shelter by this woman and her now husband.  One other incident happened, the dog nipped at the husband a long time ago.  This baby is around 9 months?  It did bite, enough for the mom to take her to Emergency where the doctor said she might have scarring until she was around 5 and then it would disappear.  I asked her to get a picture from her daughter of the dog.  A few hours later, I asked her about it and she said the husband came and got the dog and took it right to the shelter.  Now, I have never had children, but my three biggest passions are children, the elderly, and animals.  I love them and they should be safe.  But there are safeguards you place around your children when you have animals.  I am not saying it was anyone's fault, but then again, it was someone's fault.  And what about that dog? Animals have bad days.  Animals are just like humans.  We listen to the baby screaming, we get out tails tugged occasionally, there are lots of things animals go through just like humans.  I can't tell you how disappointed I was to hear that this drastic measure was taken by these people.  It almost haunts me to think this dog had a good home (I think) and it was dragged from there, and placed in cage, with hundreds of other animals in the same boat.  What must that dog be thinking, and what must its trust level be with humans now?

I would love to hear others opinions on this subject!  In the meantime, after the rains yesterday, I have a full load of wet towels in the wash!  I must continue to get proper shelter for these animals!! 

3 comments:

  1. A friend had rescued a dog for her then 7yr old son - had it for 1 yr - was going out and the boy went to hug the dog and ended up with 140 stitches in his head & face! Ten yrs later the scars remain - dark pink lines on his handsome face - sad. Some dogs - just like some people - have mental issues and their humans find out when it's too late! Not ALL animals are stable...and they ARE 'animals'! Our children MUST be protected at all costs! Be KIND but be CAUTIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - thats a sad story. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have to make sure you know your animals limits i have to pitbulls and a 1 yr old, 2 year old, and 4 year old. my children are very good when it comes to not teasing my dogs but when my two year old annoys my older pit he lets her know he has had enough by standing up and coming and sit by my feet. you always just have to watch your children around your animals no matter cat dog ect... keep up the good work janine you are an angel on earth

    ReplyDelete