Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Another Great Day!




Its warm out.  Its not pouring out.  That makes it a great day.  I was thinking this morning, I go to how many spots???  Lets see, there's one, two, three, four, five, six, seven (and the seventh stop is on Seventh Street!  how coincidental), eight, nine, ten, eleven, and twelve!  Thats 12 stops I make each morning between 5:15 am. and 6:15 am. when I pull up at my house.  Thats insane.  But...  what am I to do?  This morning I brought a new little shelter - a rusty old medium sized cat carrier with a blanket stuffed inside.  I placed that at the spot that someone took the other one from yesterday.  Now, there must be a mentally unstable person that is cohabitating with the cats on this porch, this very open, public porch to this vacant house on a busy corner.  This morning, back was the blanket on the floor of the porch that someone had placed there over a week ago.  Of course my missing carrier was not back but the blanket was.  Its just spread out like a rug.  And there is a pet dish, a plastic one that holds both water and food, but both sides were empty, and flipped over.  I can't figure out who would be doing this besides a person who is mentally unstable.  I never see anyone there, and I view it from a distance like a hawk while I am slowly driving up to this location in the dark.  All I ever see are cats, who are frightened of humans, and they are sitting there until I get out of my car, so I know there is no other human there when I get there.  I felt good later though, as I passed by that first stop of mine, because I glanced up on the porch and saw the red kitten coming out of the little carrier I set there.  I sure do hope no one takes this again.  Its the kittens home.   Where else do they have to go?   Please open your heart and home for one of these kitties I rescue!  I have Oreo, Rufus, Midnight and the still unnamed kitty that need homes!

No comments:

Post a Comment