Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Nightlife

This morning as I was driving in between feedings, I noticed several girls, prostitutes, walking the streets.  Not that that was unusual for me to see, but I noticed they are getting younger and younger.  And the area where they are selling themselves is so poor, I don't know how they make any money.  Its a shame.  They all know me though, they've seen me every single day on the 'job'.  Most people do respect me though, I know this because the old carriers I've placed this week are still intact.  And so are most of my rickety old shelters.  A board or two was stolen from one spot, but it was in the neighbors yard next to the trash, as if they are trying to tell me something, but I just went and got the boards and brought them back to the abandoned house porch next door.  They were still there today.  At one spot last week, as I went up on the porch of another place, where I got Rufus, had Emma fixed, Rufus' mom, where Red hangs, and where I rescued two other kittens months ago (Rufus' sisters), I noticed a woman behind the curtain of the house next door.  I could only see her silhouette, and I waved to her in the dark, and she waved back.  I don't know if that is instinct for humans to do that, or if she really did have a decent and kind bone in her body, despite her very dilapidated looking house.  Her porch roof is being held up by two boards, one on each side. 

I've been blessed with decent weather too.  We had rain a few days ago, but besides that, we are lucky right now.  It won't be that way soon, so I am counting my lucky stars.  I do need to continue to build up my shelters.  The abandoned house's porches are wide open to the elements, I must figure out a way to cover the cat carriers that I hope they will use.    I took pictures this morning as soon as I figured out how to turn on the flash in the dark, will have those up hopefully tomorrow.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment