Monday, November 28, 2011

Helping the Helpless

Thats what I said to the pastor of a small white church on the corner near where I've rescued many cats - Teenie, Benny (my mother renamed this one), Barney, and so many others - I said 'please don't trash my shelter for the cats, I am a kind person, and I am only trying to alleviate some of their suffering'.  He has left it alone since.  I also treated Wally this past week - he is the gentleman that lives down from where Miss B used to live, where I have been leaving a small shelter at the side of his house so that I can give some protection to the food that I used to leave under the tree near the corner, where there was no shelter from the weather, and I was desperate to find some for the five or so remaining adult cats.  This is the place where I have rescued Midnight, Cloe, Phoebe, Buddy, and two others that I have forgotten their names - shame on me! - Anyways, I wound up cooking the meal for Wally and he shared it with Miss B.  I brought over TV tables and my kitchen chairs for them to sit on for the day.  I then went about my own family celebration, but I felt good doing this for these two downtrodden people.  On Saturday, I took Wally out for a pair of reading glasses.  Remember, he is blind in one eye.  He has not been able to read without them and I bought him a newspaper.  He was thrilled with them.  He felt like a professor he said.  I then took him for a haircut.  Not only his hair, but I motioned for the barber to do his nose, ears, etc.  He was a mess.  He came out of there looking like a totally different man.  He went from looking like a hobo, to looking great.  I felt good about that, but warned him that it came with a price, and he had to start thinking about adopting one of the kitties outside his door!  So, I will continue to get him to take in Buster.  Much to the dismay of his neighbor, which is another story in itself.  That Part Two for tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment