Saturday, November 12, 2011

Moondance

Its a marvelous night for one.  Van Morrison.  Great tune.  The moon has been beautiful the past three or four nights.  The light of the moon is a help and a great comfort.  Its an extra flashlight for me without having to hold one in my hand, or in my mouth when I am multi-tasking as I am bending down pouring food and water and trying to hold up boards, or keep the cats at bay while I am doing all of that.  I recently had a donation from my vet's tech yesterday when I had to bring in my Boris for a very expensive check up due to the fact that he is 'urinating' in certain areas of my house lately, several times a day.  Well, $220 later, he has had a urine sample taken, and hopefully after testing it will show signs of infection, which hopefully can be treated.  Anyways, Kelly gave me several old carriers from her house, and I distributed them around this morning.  These will hopefully be of some comfort to these stressed out, homeless stray cats  I care for.  I need more of them though, including large flat boards to lay against structures to keep the wind and snow out.  As I looked around at all the cats I feed at each spot, I always feel a sense of satisfaction knowing I've fed their hungry bellies.  Some people though, would disagree.  They feel I am only adding to the proliferating population.  I feel guilty about that sometimes, but what I do know is that I don't have the means to get them all fixed.  Number one, its hard to get appointments for neutering at low-cost, and number two, I just don't have the time to do it.  I have a full-time and a half job, and nearly full-time job when I get home.  So whats the alternative.  Nothing for now, I need to keep feeding and caring and rescuing and doing whatever I can for these homeless strays.  Won't you consider one?

No comments:

Post a Comment