Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sunday

Its been a long/short weekend, and I didn't get to download the photos of some of my 'shelters' as promised, but here is the first one I arrive at each morning.  It takes the brunt of the southern and northern winds we get due to its location.  I am having a hard time figuring out the scheme of what will shelter the babies I see here each morning, but wanted to share with you what I see.  This is the same location that some crazy person rearranges things like a blanket here and there, some type of breading that is soaked in a container - thinking its to feed the cats - and the most exposed to the elements. 

On another note, I went to Wally's house this evening to bring him some grilled chicken and baked potato with butter and sour cream.  I try to feed this man.  He is blind in one eye - didn't know why until tonight, and he is also allowing me to place a board against his rental apartment in order to feed the cats that I've been feeding at the tree all summer, where I have rescued at least six cats the past two months.  He is a soft-spoken man, 63 years of age, African American, and has nothing.  I want to help him with a chair, bookshelf, kitchen table and blinds for his little place.  I brought him the food this evening and asked him point blank about his eye.  He told me that kids came by a few years ago and threw paint balls at him and one hit his eye and he has been blind in that ever ever since.  I asked him if they caught the kids, or if he ever got compensated, both of which he replied no. 

I spoke to Miss B. also this weekend, and she is back in the hospital due to high blood pressure.  She will get out tomorrow and return to the women's shelter.  Her biggest concern is the cats she left behind.  Thank God we have people like Miss B. and Wally who care.  No matter what they have, they are willing to give what they have, even if its just their kindness and compassion. 

Sorry about the picture.  As I have said...  I hate my camera!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe it's my computer, but it used to be when I clicked one of your photos it got larger - now they get smaller?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it depends on the picture I download. I will try to figure that one out! :)

    ReplyDelete