Friday, November 4, 2011

Mother and Child

As you all know, I have rescued two kittens recently.  One is Rufus.  Rufus is the brother of two girl kittens that I rescued after I had their mother Emma neutered, and returned to the street to be with her remaining child.  I took Rufus just a few mornings ago, because I had not seen Emma, his Mom, around in a few days.  I knew I had to get him, especially when he was starting to get very sick.  URI.  He has been good about taking his medicine each morning, and he is getting better.  I was actually able to get a picture of him this morning, just before he flipped out after hearing a noise from the shower curtain.  I brought him into the tiny bathroom thinking the best place to get a picture without background clutter.  Anyways, Emma was there this morning, and she was looking very very lonely.  I feel bad for her now, I've taken away all her children.  I wonder if cats can feel that.  Does anyone know?  I wish more people were able to take cats, I would have Emma adopted in a heartbeat.  She is a good kitty.  Even let me pick her up this morning.  I hate leaving her on this dangerous street, to go through a harsh winter.  I have not seen Red around either.  He slipped through my fingers about a year ago.  I had him in my carrier, with someone willing to adopt him, but he got out and never showed up again until months later, and very leery of me.  He now lets me pet him, but he has gotten sick over time and is not looking good.  Red is not to be confused with Big Red, who still waits for me, who still intertwines his body in between my legs, but is still very sick too.

But the good news is............  There are people out there that do care, and are rescuing animals - both dogs and cats and other critters each day, whether from the shelters, or from the streets.  Even people!  I know you all remember Miss B.  Well, my uncle happens to rent houses in the city, and he just may have a place for Miss B.  She can finally get out of the women's shelter she has been staying at for close to two months.  I love being able to help in all situations of life, whether it be animal or human.  Many times I find that when I offer an act of kindness, it brings a warm feeling of happiness to me.  Happiness is about making happy choices. So I make a choice not to lose my happiness because of someone, something or anything. I get up every morning with an expectation of finding joy and happiness at every interval of my day.  I dont make an excuse for not being happy.  So with that, I wish you all a GREAT Friday!  PS, picture of Rufus coming soon!





"For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. Today, if ye will hear his voice." Psalms 95:7



No comments:

Post a Comment