Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Better Than Butter

I have no idea why that title, but was thinking about how our weather has been the past couple of days with the warmth and sunshine, and it couldn't get any better, and I do love butter.  Hows THAT for reasoning!

All was well this morning.  I saw a few houligans out there, I even stopped to talk to a guy that was doing work behind a house on Central that I used to feed at.  The guy was doing work for a man that had allowed me to set up shelter on his property while he was renovating his house, but then asked me to move it in late summer because his family was moving in.  The location is a highlight of my little video that shows me getting bopped in the head when the wood falls down on me - Here it is:

http://www.locallocal.tv/post/3878263044/in-february-i-got-an-email-from-a-lady-named#.TrE6ca8NfoI.email -

Anyways, the guy was throwing boards out from behind the house, and I can really use large wooden boards for my shelters, and the guy - named Tito - remembered me.  And as I write this, I remember meeting Tito, he was riding his bicycle and we spoke briefly years ago when I used to feed Smokey No. 1 down the street.  I remember him telling me he had been in prison and was looking for work.  He really did seem like a good dude.  In fact, I wrote about this in some of my earlier blogs.  Funny, how things come back around.  Anyways, he was still nice, but walked with a sort of limp.  Not sure what has happened to him over the years, but still a nice guy.  He told me if he found some good pieces of wood, he would put them on the side of the house next door to where I moved my shelter to.  The house where I feed now belongs to the bank, and who ever comes and checks on it to mow the lawn, etc. doesn't seem to mind me being there to feed the kitties.  Nothing is ever touched, except for the grass!  So that was nice.  I do run into some good people, they aren't there to hurt me.  I obviously have a reputation around there to most of these early morning people as the cat lady, and I don't mind that. 

Another funny story - yesterday I was on the porch of an abandoned house feeding the usual - one very nasty kitty that is always swiping his paw at me while I am trying to pour the food down, a pretty and sweet redhead, a black kitty, and two multi colored young kittys.  Anyways, there was a very very large raccoon on that porch.  I went to scare it off, and it ran and jumped up on the ledge on the other side of the porch and was holding on to the ledge when I made a loud noise to scare it and tapped its claw to get it down, and went back to my pouring, when I heard a truck start up.  I looked up, and this truck was backing up onto the street.  As always, I try to let people know what I am doing so I went to the road and waved my hands but the truck just kept on slowly going.  I scratched my head and thought, that was wierd.  Why wouldn't he stop?  So then I go to leave, pass the house next door, and realize its a boarded up house!  So I put two and two together.  He was either sleeping in his truck in this abandoned house driveway, or was having a little fun and thought it would be a good spot to have it in, until I came along and was making loud noises within a few feet of him!  :)  After all, there are a few women around that area that are eager to provide fun for anyone for a small amount of money.  Either way, it was odd, and I don't think he will be back again too soon.

And off I went to finish my rounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment